Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Even Himanshu's 'after' pictures still look nice until you compare them with the before pictures. It's a matter of perspective, the images look nice until they are side-by-side with their unprocessed counterparts. It's like thinking your girlfriend is sexy until she stands next to a supermodel, suddenly she doesn't look sexy any more.

Another way of putting it is I think my car looks quite nice but when I park next to a top end Mercedes it looks like a piece of crap. It's all about perspective.

exactly haha the way your proved it is just awesome ;)
the results are still great for me , when I share them with my friends, they become jelly(they don't notice any colour change,tint) they just say ohh so you have Lumia 920,um pure view)

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
After looking at your pics I think we should stop reviewing our photo....and can you please show this to that twitter guy??

I've seen your correspondence with Juha Alakrhu. Great Job!. Could you link him this whole thread so he'll know there are a ton of us with the same problem?

I'm trying to look for another way to send this message to him

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
All the comparisons (that I see) on the web between Iphone5 and 920 always wins Iphone5 (and I think Iphone5s is better that 5)
Also GalaxyIII more times wins on 920

Bye example (a comment by a review taked from the web):
"The Nokia Lumia 920 yields a high amount of noise, and there is a lot of softening happening on the device. This makes for less distinct images, lacking a bit in sharpness.
The Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III performed similarly to each other - detail was relatively high, with noise in check. They are our favorites here."

Then, can you explain me why you say that 920 is better that Iphone5s and GS4 ?

I know that 920/25 have a better camera than Iphone 5s or Samsung SIV because I live with people who have them. Not from internet. My mother have a SIV. Very good camera. Outstanding results at day (in some scenarios better than 920/25) and very good at night too (only with flash). But 920/925 is better in general comparison.

My gf have a Iphone 5s. Only OK. Nothing to say here, very far from Lumia 920/25 but have good performance at day photos. Only good, again.

They ALWAYS ask me for taking photos and keep their smartphones in pocket.

We need to be very careful about those reviews from internet. Almost all are pure garbage!

Ok, Lumia 925 (wich I have) is not Lumia 920 (my father have one), but they are very close. At least for my eyes. So I can assume results from 925 are very similar to 920 camera.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I know that 920/25 have a better camera than Iphone 5s or Samsung SIV because I live with people who have them. Not from internet. My mother have a SIV. Very good camera. Outstanding results at day (in some scenarios better than 920/25) and very good at night too (only with flash). But 920/925 is better in general comparison.

My gf have a Iphone 5s. Only OK. Nothing to say here, very far from Lumia 920/25 but have good performance at day photos. Only good, again.

They ALWAYS ask me for taking photos and keep their smartphones in pocket.

We need to be very careful about those reviews from internet. Almost all are pure garbage!

Ok, Lumia 925 (wich I have) is not Lumia 920 (my father have one), but they are very close. At least at my eyes. So I can assume results from 925 are very similar to 920 camera.

your friends ask you to take photos because they knew you have a phone which takes stunning pictures ;) , they feel ashamed of their camera hardware :D
Lumia 920/925 have exact same processor, ram in camera 925 has an extra lense which makes images a lil more sharper but a not a big deal both are siblings in my opinion :)

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Even Himanshu's 'after' pictures still look nice until you compare them with the before pictures. It's a matter of perspective, the images look nice until they are side-by-side with their unprocessed counterparts. It's like thinking your girlfriend is sexy until she stands next to a supermodel, suddenly she doesn't look sexy any more.

Another way of putting it is I think my car looks quite nice but when I park next to a top end Mercedes it looks like a piece of crap. It's all about perspective.
well said. yup it is all about perspective and opinion. i'm more than happy with the the results i'm getting from the shots i have taken. in my opinion i don't have any issues with the camera feature on my 920. the nokia camera guy on twitter has an opinion too. he says there are no issues. plenty agree with him and plenty don't.

so until nokia camera guy changes his opinion or nokia change their opinion of the camera guy and replace him, it really does look like those here that are waiting for some sort of 'fix' you are wasting your time and energy guys. time to move on and get a different phone with a camera that gives you the results you are happy with. all opinion of course :smile:

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Well we all agree that we have a good camera phone. But if you guys think only we got problems, check the 1020 thread, as well there the PP is reducing sharpens and changing color.
For now i am pleased with the camera, and won't change my phone anytime soon. ^^

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I live with people who have them. Not from internet.

1) Also I live with people that use Iphone 5s and sincerely the photos of 920 are worst that Iphone 5s.
2) If you want a real comparison you should create a technical review with more photos in more conditions and only an expert can say you who is the winner. I'm sure that a lot of persons around you are not "expert" about quality of photos, then the best thing to do is use the reviews on the web written from persons that are expert (sometimes :) ) in this field.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Well we all agree that we have a good camera phone. But if you guys think only we got problems, check the 1020 thread, as well there the PP is reducing sharpens and changing color.
For now i am pleased with the camera, and won't change my phone anytime soon. ^^

Yes, also 1020 have the same issue.... is a Nokia software bug started with the Nokia Amber mod and remained also in Black mod (seems that people with ativ s and other no nokia win8 phones don't have this issue)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
1) Also I live with people that use Iphone 5s and sincerely the photos of 920 are worst that Iphone 5s.
2) If you want a real comparison you should create a technical review with more photos in more conditions and only an expert can say you who is the winner. I'm sure that a lot of persons around you are not "expert" about quality of photos, then the best thing to do is use the reviews on the web written from persons that are expert (sometimes :) ) in this field.

I've not seen any expert review until now. Just a lot of smartphone experts trying to be photography experts.

So I prefer my good knowledge in photography (not a expert, but good) than those craps on internet made ​​by newbies trying to be expert. Other thing: We do not know what the real intentions of those controversal reviews.

It's a shame, but I don't have time enough to prove my point here. Iphone 5s better than Lumia 920/25? Only if you make 4" LCD comparison. Samsung SIV? Maybe, but here we talking about a very good camera too.

Anyway, Himanshu Chowdhary proved in another topic that the problem was solved with Black Update: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/258727-6.htm#post2309852

At least in their Lumia 920.

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Mendes, and i like the explanation that the guy over in L820 gave. Its just you can have one not both of the camera world (noise vs sharpness).
Also i agree with him while the GSIV and the L920 are trading blows in the Camera duel, by no mean is the L920 a worser camera phone. Sadly i don't see my buddy often, but if i do see him next time i will take pictures in same conditions, both on auto and manual.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I've not seen any expert review until now. Just a lot of smartphone experts trying to be photography experts.

So I prefer my good knowledge in photography (not a expert, but good) than those craps on internet made ​​by newbies trying to be expert. Other thing: We do not know what the real intentions of those controversal reviews.

It's a shame, but I don't have time enough to prove my point here. Iphone 5s better than Lumia 920/25? Only if you make 4" LCD comparison. Samsung SIV? Maybe, but here we talking about a very good camera too.

Anyway, Himanshu Chowdhary proved in another topic that the problem was solved with Black Update: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/258727-6.htm#post2309852

At least in their Lumia 920.

If you don't have the time to prove your statements don't say them ;-)
This is a technical forum and we are aspecting that for what we say there is the possibility to prove

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have the time to prove your statements don't say them ;-)
This is a technical forum and we are aspecting that for what we say there is the possibility to prove

It was you who said that Iphone 5s is better than Lumia 920. But where's your proof? I don't see it here. How about following your own advice before advising someone? ;) Waiting for your expert review about it. But wait... Maybe you also have a life and cannot do it.

Don't worry about, next time I will send to you a request before post here, because I need scientific evidence to opine ;)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
It was you who said that Iphone 5s is better than Lumia 920. But where's your proof? I don't see it here. How about following your own advice before advising someone? ;) Waiting for your expert review about it. But wait... Maybe you also have a life and cannot do it.

Don't worry about, next time I will send to you a request before post here, because I need scientific evidence to opine ;)

:)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I think pictures with 1shot app are better...we can live with it I guess..!!

Snapped some pictures here did not noticed any difference between the Nokia Camera, 1shot and the default application. But I did only 1 test.

ps.: Sorry if I don't have time to prove what my statements, hope you are not so picky.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Snapped some pictures here did not noticed any difference between the Nokia Camera, 1shot and the default application. But I did only 1 test.

ps.: Sorry if I don't have time to prove what my statements, hope you are not so picky.

I confirm that with all the best apps in the store the issue remains (seems only Camera360 app that doens't show it have but have a lot of other limitations (and for this reason generates photos with low quality))

Also I don't have the time to upload my tests with all of this apps but I hope you believe me :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that some phones may have issues and others don't? The L920 wasn't exactly the most stable of phones.

I have a L920. I love the pictures I have. I'm no professional but then I'm not expecting something extraordinary from a 8Mpix smartphone camera.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that some phones may have issues and others don't? The L920 wasn't exactly the most stable of phones.

I have a L920. I love the pictures I have. I'm no professional but then I'm not expecting something extraordinary from a 8Mpix smartphone camera.

Just now all 920 devices have this issue.
If you believe that your device doesn't have the issue then post your screenshots after and before the postprocessing and we can compare them ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss