Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just now all 920 devices have this issue.
If you believe that your device doesn't have the issue then post your screenshots after and before the postprocessing and we can compare them ;-)

Your mistake is assuming that what's on your screen is actually what you capture. I thought this was a known thing with digital cameras.

Also, you'll note what I said. 'I' am happy with my pics. That's all that matters. I don't care if 'you' or anyone else likes them.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Your mistake is assuming that what's on your screen is actually what you capture. I thought this was a known thing with digital cameras.

Also, you'll note what I said. 'I' am happy with my pics. That's all that matters. I don't care if 'you' like them.

1) Why you want explain us that you are happy about your photos in a thread where we are speaking about a specific bug ?
2) The tests are correct and I just explain this in a past post (if you want I say you where I explain this ;-) )
3) I repeat, please send us your images to run a comparison ;-)

AuraTigital

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to black. Displayed white balance is actually more accurate but when taking photos, the green/yellow tint is present. Surprisingly, video quality has improved alot and the rolling shutter is completely gone(my experience).

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I confirm that with all the best apps in the store the issue remains (seems only Camera360 app that doens't show it have but have a lot of other limitations (and for this reason generates photos with low quality))

Also I don't have the time to upload my tests with all of this apps but I hope you believe me :)

I believe you, m8. I'm sure your intention is only to help.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to black. Displayed white balance is actually more accurate but when taking photos, the green/yellow tint is present. Surprisingly, video quality has improved alot and the rolling shutter is completely gone(my experience).

Is a good news that video quality has improved :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
1) Why you want explain us that you are happy about your photos in a thread where we are speaking about a specific bug ?
2) The tests are correct and I just explain this in a past post (if you want I say you where I explain this ;-) )
3) I repeat, please send us your images to run a comparison ;-)

First, I don't have Black but only GDR3 going by your statements my photos should be bad. They're not, to me.

You're saying all L920s have this issue, that's a pretty broad statement, where's your proof?

I don't expect professional photos from a 8mp camera or from jpegs. I am sticking to what I said and that photos on screen are not what you actually capture. So taking a Saving photo shot means nothing.

I'm on the app. I'll gladly post some pics I've taken. Whether your professional eye likes them or not is irrelevant to me.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
First, I don't have Black but only GDR3 going by your statements my photos should be bad. They're not, to me.

Send your photos and we can look ;-)

You're saying all L920s have this issue, that's a pretty broad statement, where's your proof?

Try to read in my word... when I say you all I mean all the 920 that participates in the comparisons on this forum about this issue.
If for you is not enough I can send to you other links of other forums and web site reviews that confirm the issue ;-)

I don't expect professional photos from a 8mp camera or from jpegs. I am sticking to what I said and that photos on screen are not what you actually capture. So taking a Saving photo shot means nothing.

In another my post I compare photos taked via screenshot and the real photo of my 920 and show the issue both

II'm on the app. I'll gladly post some pics I've taken. Whether your professional eye likes them or not is irrelevant to me.

In this thread we talk about the bug and not if you like your photos. Please, open another thread in this forum with the title "I like my 920 photos" and post them or post here but with a comment about the bug (and the best mode to see the bug is take the screenshot before and after the postprocessing with the button comb [start button]+[power button]) ;-)

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
OK so I won't post my photos. There's a place for that already. I'll leave you to your bugs.

I will say you're nit picking a camera over minute detail. I will also say that the screen is not really showing the capture.

Anyway, have fun with your complaints. :)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I did some tests here. Lumia 920 + Amber Update (my father's device). I'm sorry to say, but who have problems with post process need to send your devices to Nokia Care, because I think it's all broken. This time, like Himanshu Chowdhary, I will try to prove my point here:

Real Pics
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Screenshots

So how you guys can see, there's no WB bug, yellowish, green tint or something like that. Believe me, the colours of real pics are little more similar to reality than "saving" screenshots. Real pics have a almost perfect blue, otherwise screnshots have a bad blue. Too bright and exaggerated.

Some of you guys maybe are thinking: "how about sharpness?" Yes, "saving" pictures looks more sharpness. And yes, maybe for some of you it's more beautiful too. But let's make a fair comparison? Because screenshots only have 768p, while real pics have 2000p. 2.6x, right? That's a huge difference. So let's stretch these screenshot for 2000p, ok? That's fair for me.

"I don't think this is fair". So how about resize original pics to 768p and compare? That's fair for you? Let's do it!
q80i.png

"Screenshot looks more sharpness and detailed". So you're saying you prefer treated pictures? Because if I treat the original photo on Photoshop (fast treatment), we have the following result:

7et9.png

Did you see now? How exagerated sharpness these screenshots are? There's a name for it: Clarity effect. If you use with discretion, pictures can looks better. It's not the case for me. So It's very controversial prefer sharpness pics if you complaint about how bad Lumia postprocessing are.

So that's it. If you have problems with your 920's camera, MAYBE you have a faulty device. MAYBE, I'm not a professional to guarantee that. But I can guarantee, and you guys can see that now: my fathers 920 have no problem at all with camera.

ps.: Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Was telling the same thing back there (about after treatment), well no one believed me. You have put a nice presentation there me gusta !
That should prove once again that its fine, and you can get the results all are after.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Please, pay attention when you say:
"who have problems with post process need to send your devices to Nokia Care, because I think it's all broken"
some persons that read this message can waste the time to give to nokia care his device and have no results

Last edited:

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Was telling the same thing back there (about after treatment), well no one believed me. You have put a nice presentation there me gusta !
That should prove once again that its fine, and you can get the results all are after.
i'm sure certain people round here are just itching to disagree with @Rodrigo Mendes and no doubt they will find fault and say they are too 'soft' or 'terrible' etc

@Rodrigo Mendes well done, great post

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
x Rodrigo Mendes

1)When you take the screenshot before and after the post processing you take it with the same condition (same resolution,compression,type of file) and is possible to compare the two images infact the "Clarity effect" should be applied at both and in the same mode and should have the same affect at both the images then is not a discriminating parameters then the difference in term of sharpness is real (and worst after the post processing infact are too soft)

2)Try to compare the final photo and the screenshot taked after the post processing, you can see very well that use the same type of chromatic color and also the same sharpness then if you compare the screenshot before pp to the screenshot after pp is like you compare the screenshot before pp and the real photo in term of sharpness and wp (transitive property) (if you read in my older post I just show this with images examples)

At the end I look your photos and they show the same issue like I have on my 920 (see by example the final photo of the joypad.... is green and is very simple to see ;-) )

You can also read other more expert reviews on the web and you can understand the real big problem that have 920 devices with the camera ;-)
We only hope that Nokia with the new mod on new Win8.1 can solve this great issue.

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
x Rodrigo Mendes

1)When you take the screenshot before and after the post processing you take it with the same condition (same resolution,compression,type of file) and is possible to compare the two images infact the "Clarity effect" should be applied at both and in the same mode and should have the same affect at both the images then is not a discriminating parameters then the difference in term of sharpness is real (and worst after the post processing)

2)Try to compare the final photo and the screenshot taked after the post processing, you can see very well that use the same type of chromatic color and also the same sharpness then if you compare the screenshot before pp to the screenshot after pp is like you compare the screenshot before pp and the real photo in term of sharpness and wp (transitive property) (if you read in my older post I just show this with images examples)

At the end I look your photos and they show the same issue like I have on my 920 (see by example the final photo of the joypad.... is green and is very simple to see ;-) )

You can also read other more reviews on the web and you can understand the real big problem that have 920 devices with the camera ;-)
We only hope that Nokia with the new mod on new Win8.1 can solve this great issue.

Now I just think your monitor/TV/notebook/smartphone have a huge screen problem, not your Lumia 920's camera. Bad balance or something.

But i respect your opinion!

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I also add only one external review for all:
Write on google "dxomark" and "920", here we are one of the best site in the world about expert reviews on the cameras and phones

"Despite the inclusion of Pureview technology and high-end status in the range, though, the camera sensor is a rather modest 8.7-megapixel CMOS. With an overall DxOMark Mobile score of 66 the Lumia 920 performs rather less impressively than the older Apple iPhone 4S or more recent models such as the Samsung Galaxy SIII or Galaxy Note II or even the iPhone 5, which all share a DxOMark Mobile score of 72. A closer look at the individual scores for Photo and Video reveal the camera’s strengths and weaknesse"

and also

"Poor sharpness and texture as well some white balance inaccuracies (under mainly artificial light) also contribute to the low overall weighting."

Here we are, we have a pureview that is a fake :-|

PS: if you want I can continues with other more and more external reviews with the same tone

Last edited:

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
x Rodrigo Mendes

Incredible (because I talk about the method of the comparison and you talk about the balance of my screen that has nothing to do with my message) but ok,. if you are sure I'm happy for you ;-)
byebye :)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I also add only one external review for all:
Write on google "dxomark" and "920", here we are one of the best site in the world about expert reviews on the cameras and phones

"Despite the inclusion of Pureview technology and high-end status in the range, though, the camera sensor is a rather modest 8.7-megapixel CMOS. With an overall DxOMark Mobile score of 66 the Lumia 920 performs rather less impressively than the older Apple iPhone 4S or more recent models such as the Samsung Galaxy SIII or Galaxy Note II or even the iPhone 5, which all share a DxOMark Mobile score of 72. A closer look at the individual scores for Photo and Video reveal the camera’s strengths and weaknesse"

and also

"Poor sharpness and texture as well some white balance inaccuracies (under mainly artificial light) also contribute to the low overall weighting."

Here we are, we have a pureview that is a fake :-|

Is it? Nokia Lumia 920 - DxOMark

2012? Little too outdated, don't you think?

No samples? Not long ago you were asking scientific tests and now accepts a website without a single sample pic?

And i'm sorry, but who talking about Iphone 4S or Samsung SIII better than almost any Lumia (720, 820, 920, 925, ...) simply do not know what talking about or made bad (very bad) tests. I have good experience in smartphones photography and I can guaratee: Lumia 720 have a better camera than Iphone 4s (just bad..) and Samsung SIII (only ok, good day pics). Lumia 920? There is nothing to compare here. It's another level.

But I will end my discussion with you here. Took a while for me, but I realized that you just do not want to accept the idea that the Lumia 920 is extraordinary in photographs. For now i think you are just laughing at me, because after all I've done here, I think this link is just a joke or a way to troll.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
but I realized that you just do not want to accept the idea that the Lumia 920 is extraordinary in photographs.

Incredible !!!!! :))))))))))))) you are the first in all the world that believe at this. Now I understand most of your statements in your messages...
Now I think we can finish to talk about the issue because I understand that you are one of the biggest fan in the world of 920 devices (in particular the camera ;-) )

PS: this remember me that is like to talk with Iphone fan user :)

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Rodrigo , you have proved it , the red colour in the football looks so real, and I am watching all this on my 40" LED , images captured look true to life, I don't see any difference in post processing and they guy behind all this (juha) on twitter can't be wrong, he created the camera,pureview so why would he love to ruin it ? other who are complain should get Lumia 920 diagnose at nokia care centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett