Anybody notice that matte black L920 matteness ahas faded?

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It seems like since getting my phone, it's almost as if the sweat from my hand has burned through the matte finish on my phone and there are now areas where the cover appears to have shiny spots. Anybody else have this problem?

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
mine is less than a week old and i have this too :( i didnt want to put a case on it but i guess il have too now.
anyone know how to clean it before i put a case on it ???
cheers

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
the cause is because it has a matte finish, matte is textured. The more you hold, move, rub , in and out of your pocket etc the matte tsarts to become worn and smooths down.

It's not some weird defect of the plastic, it's just unfortunately a by product of matte finishes that will always happen.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not some weird defect of the plastic, it's just unfortunately a by product of matte finishes that will always happen.

Yup. Look at many keyboard keys, laptop wrist-wrests (right next to the touchpad) and other things like that. More use, more wear. That's just what happens.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I understand wear an tear but this is a week old today and looks muntted already.
Still love the phone but **** wish I'd know I'd have put a case on it from day one not day 7

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I understand wear an tear but this is a week old today and looks muntted already.

Yours is a week old and the matte finish has worn down? Are you sure it's worn and not something you need to wipe off? It seems to me that you'd have to constantly be vigorously rubbing it on something 24/7 to get it to wear smooth in a week...

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hand oil:( but how the f do i remove it ??

No offense intended, but if your hand oil is burning the matte finish on anything plastic smooth in one week, you're a mutant and should join the X-Men. :D

I'm a big fan of the Lysol/Clorox disinfecting wipes, I use them to clean everything from my computers to my bicycles. Might want to get a tub of those and see if you can wipe off whatever acid leaks from your hands. :D

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Il give that a go, I also had a matt black 820 and this didn't happen to that,
so now I just have to find a use for my mutant super power :)

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Replacing the case is not for the faint of heart. I also find it really strange that the finish is wearing in a week... something is not normal there. I recommend the Nokia case... it's really nice and fits great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss