is my 920 really unlocked?

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I purchased 920 unlocking service through Ebay.

I sent in my imei number and received an unlock code.

My phone prompted me to enter a pin. I entered the unlock code.

Poped in my tmobile sim and I can make calls and use tmobile's network lte network (blazing fast btw), hspa plus as well.

But I can't receive or send any mms, att apps are on the phone. Whenever I start the phone I get att symbol, under about phone it stills says att for carrier. and internet sharing doesn't work.

Also, I downloaded nokia access point app and I can see it and it says T-Mobile LTE but I cannot edit it only read.

Is this phone truly unlocked?

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
tapping on the required network should set that one as active. otherwise you can manually add the setting by tapping on the "+" at the bottom of the screen.
If it is connecting to the network for calls & SMS the phone is unlocked.

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
yes.. your phone is unlocked.. and you can uninstall all at&t apps from ur phone if you dont need it.. MMS not working for alot of users including me.
u see at&t logo when starting because the phone u r using is exclusive for At&t and its not a problem.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Sim Unlocked Yes, their is a difference between SIM Unlocked (allows phone to be used on different carriers) and Unbranded no Carrier logo on phone or powerup startup screen or apps from carriers.

It is still Branded to AT&T, you would have to flash your phone with a different rom to remove at&t branding, apps, etc.

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Only 2 problems now.

Cannot receive mms

Mobile Hotspot doesn't work.

Seems like no one is able to get mobile hotspot working on tmo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member