Nokia Lumia 920 Charging with an external battery

Credo93

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i want to buy an external battery with 12000mAh capacity and 2 charging ports, they have an output of 1A and the other 2A, can i charge my Lumia 920 safely with the 2A output usb port?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i want to buy an external battery with 12000mAh capacity and 2 charging ports, they have an output of 1A and the other 2A, can i charge my Lumia 920 safely with the 2A output usb port?

Any chance you could link to the product you're buying? I have one matching that description.

But to answer your question, yes, the Lumia 920 theoretically requires 2A in order to charge quicker than it uses power in some cases. In any case, 2A is simply a maximum - a device will only take as much as it needs if it is genuinely in compliance with CE safety standards.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery on Amazon $43.00 US, really works great I use it a lot when I'm using my phone for Internet sharing or hotspot. Really charges fast even while using the phone for a hotspot. The only drawback is that it doesn't come with a wall charger, but your 920 charger will work just fine, you'll probably only have to charge it up once a week if you use it a lot.

Specs

Huge capacity (13000mAh) delivers 6+ charges to most smartphones or an 80% charge to an iPad 3 / 4.
Super-fast charge output (5V / 3A total) through dual USB ports (5V / 2A and 5V / 1A) allow for simultaneous charging of your iPad, iPhone, Android, and more at high speed.
Smooth, ebony varnish allows you to power up in style, while 4 status LEDs keep you informed of remaining capacity. Built-in flashlight for dark or low-light environments.
Premium lithium-ion battery ensures quality, supplying 500+ recharge cycles over a lifetime. With a charge input of 5V / 1.5A, use a 1.5A adapter (not included) for fastest charging (6.5 hours).
Package contents: Anker? Astro E4 External Battery, connective adapters for smartphones, USB cable, instruction manual.

rubosom

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Does that external battery said can compatible with the Lumia 920? If not, you'd better to get another one, or you can ask the customer service before order.
There is 11000mah external battery on amazon said can using in Lumia 920, and it have 5 x USB output.
Amazon.com: Lumsing 11000mAh 5 x USB External Battery Pack Charger Power Bank For Apple:iPad Mini, iPad 4 3 2, Android Tablets:Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Note 10.1; Google Nexus 7,10; Acer B1; iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS, iPod; Android Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
you should use the original battery for your lumia 920, it is well known that iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded for copy battery in the past months.

This is nothing to do with the internal battery, this is an external backup battery which simply simulates a mains charger. It's perfectly safe as long as it has passed electrical safety standards.

I personally use this backup battery which works perfectly and has enough capacity to keep my Lumia 920 running for more than a week.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Does that external battery said can compatible with the Lumia 920? If not, you'd better to get another one, or you can ask the customer service before order.
There is 11000mah external battery on amazon said can using in Lumia 920, and it have 5 x USB output.
Amazon.com: Lumsing 11000mAh 5 x USB External Battery Pack Charger Power Bank For Apple:iPad Mini, iPad 4 3 2, Android Tablets:Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Note 10.1; Google Nexus 7,10; Acer B1; iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS, iPod; Android Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4

As long as it has a 2 Amp USB output, it will be compatible.

That's the joy of standards - you don't have to wade through ridiculously long 'compatibility' lists...

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using mine now on 920 with no problems, for the 2 months I've had it.

And for those that don't understand, we're talking about a External Battery Charging Pack not the internal phone battery.

Credo93

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking solely at the bits of the description that I can understand (which isn't much), I doubt you'd have a problem with that, it seems fairly standard.

Interesting mixed use of english and german for describing white and schwarz... I wonder why they don't use wei?...

I also don't understand it, a little bit trough, i'm from Belgium. But hey i use Google Chrome's translator ( the only thing good about Google).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720