925 amber update confused...

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I will receive my 925 32GB vodafone tomorrow.

I have seen news that there is an update for Nokia for the Lumia 92X series. But according to my knowledge, the 925 is already equipped with the latest update by default?

However, I read also that the Pro Camera is included in the latest amber update, I am sure there is no Pro Camera by default with 925. So do I need to update or not?

In my case, it will be a 32 GB Vodafone special edition, does it make a different in terms of which update I should get?

Any links for tutorial will be enough.

Thanks.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Pro Camera is an app by Nokia you can find in the Store and it's completely separate to the GDR2 and Amber updates you can read about at the top of this forum in the Official thread. Having a 925 you already have the 925 and the Amber update on your phone, but Nokia release certain updates to system apps that unlock additional functionality, so keep your data/mobile connection on until your store tile shows these updates if you want the most out of your phone.

Hope this helps!

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow thanks with the quick reply! Seriously, the quality of posts here in WPCentral is TOP! I have never seen such constructive and quick replies like this from other forum.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the WPCentral forums, newarcticman! Hopefully we'll see you stick around and grow to love your new phone. Maybe you could post your ongoing impressions of the phone and how you adjust to it over the coming weeks? That'd be a great read!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre