Other Storage trolled me!

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
So i'm just browsing some website on IE, suddenly a message pops up about low phone storage, i was like WTF?
Last night it was over 1GB and now 59MB left? Phone became very very laggy and slow, as if it were a android device!
According to Lumia Storage Check app, others was 1.3 GB last night, and now it was showing 2.2 GB, with no apparant reason! I wonder why.
Then after few minutes, it dropped to 1.6GB on it own, then again after few minutes, it was 1.3 GB. I was like thanks for the scare, 820.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe but i think no amount of surfing would/should use 1GB randomly! & i do clear internet files & also clear temp storage from Lumia Storage check app.
Also Adobe Reader trolled one of my friends with a 620 big time, it was using 3.8 GB according to lumia storage check app! I should've taken a screenshot of it!
That was primarily due to your surfing of the internet.
Always remember to clear browser history to preserve storage.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe but i think no amount of surfing would/should use 1GB randomly! & i do clear internet files & also clear temp storage from Lumia Storage check app.
Also Adobe Reader trolled one of my friends with a 620 big time, it was using 3.8 GB according to lumia storage check app! I should've taken a screenshot of it!

haha that was a nightmare for your friend :D 3.8 gb is huge...that might be a bug in storage check.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Now you have a little more than 1GB, right? An operational system, whatever it is, will expand as much as possible whenever it get a chance. It would only be wrong if not return to previously size.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you're right that its normal, but still i'm not convinced, studying OS these days, will review this topic when i finish. ;)
Now you have a little more than 1GB, right? An operational system, whatever it is, will expand as much as possible whenever it get a chance. It would only be wrong if not return to previously size.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
on my 820 other storage is 3.60GB

That definitely seems like a problem. Are you saw many videos recently, any huge PDF, use Skydrive upload or anything like that? In my experience, the Other folder is very volatile. She Increases and decreases very easily, but keeps to 1GB Usually here.

This definitely looks like a problem. But you recently saw many videos, no PDF huge, massive Skydrive upload, internet navigation for long or something like that? In my experience the "Other" is very volatile. It decreases and increases very easily, but usually keeps to 1GB here.

nafilkz13

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That definitely seems like a problem. Are you saw many videos recently, any huge PDF, use Skydrive upload or anything like that? In my experience, the Other folder is very volatile. She Increases and decreases very easily, but keeps to 1GB Usually here.

This definitely looks like a problem. But you recently saw many videos, no PDF huge, massive Skydrive upload, internet navigation for long or something like that? In my experience the "Other" is very volatile. It decreases and increases very easily, but usually keeps to 1GB here.
i don't watch to many videos just whatsapp games not a single pdf file i think that is because i had installed many big games and uninstalled them now i m on gdr2 to hoping that fixes my other storage issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99