Loses text messages

robinjw

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, want to see if anyone else is seeing this problem.

My 620 (not running amber / gdr2) loses text messages.

This all seemed to start after I did a long journey (6 hours) using Here Drive +. When I arrived I noticed that most recent text messages had disappeared. Only a few from when I first got the phone were to be found. Subsequent to that I also found that after leaving the phone overnight (on charge - crap battery life) the text messages from the previous evening were not to be found. But some times some of the earlier missing SMSs were found again...confused...!

I wonder if it is related to Drive + so I've uninstalled it this morning to see what happens, but wanted to check with other users.

Notes: I have tried resettign the phone (*) and re-synching it, but that only restored some SMS - clearly the ones I wanted were not backed up. Back up is now turned on.

(*) which bricked it and had to be re-flashed by a Nokia service centre, but that another issue.

This is not a thread about how to back up and restore my SMS, I know that - want to understand why it is losing the messages over night.

Thanks
Robin

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Maybe the same reason several texts I sent yesterday never reached their destination; texting worked great till then

robinjw

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
@ PO - so can you identify anything that might has caused this to start? At least it's not me. I always turn on SMS delivery messages to I can be sure that they have at least got to the network.

robinjw

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So, no-one else seems to be having this problem, maybe it's just my phone. I've tried a couple of other things - reset the phone (again) and cancelled the download of all the new apps, in other words "out of the box" configuration. Still does it. Thought it might be related to leaving the phone on charge over night or for a long period so left it without the charger last night - still all last night's texts have gone!

May need to get a warrantly return on this...

Miguel Moreno

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
It's happening to me as well now.

From tuesday to friday I was in Germany for the Gamescom, then I came back to France.

I don't know if it's related, but I only noticed it yesterday night (I was back in France since more than 12 hours), and most of my messages received and sent from Germany where gone...

This saturday morning (so more than 36h back in France), the messages sent yesterday from France are gone too!!

All the messages left are the Facebook and MSN (all of them, even when I was in Germany), and SMS prior to my trip in Germany.

Is there a bug on MS' servers ? Or does going to Germany broke the messages hub ?

In june I went to the USA and did not have any problem with messages.

robinjw

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've initiated a warranty return on my phone now - it has got so bad its unusable. At least when I last reset the phone and reactivated it, all my lost messages reappeared so they are being backed up.

Is this a hardware fault on my phone or, as you suggest, a problem with Windows Phone 8 and / or the servers?

I don't know but it's up to Nokia to sort out.

robinjw

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Well it's come back and I suspect that they have replaced the internals on it - it now has Amber and the insides are *much* cleaner than I recall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers