GPS Location (Geotags) not in the 35-38MP photos?

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I just discovered that the 35 to 38MP photos aren't geotagged. Can anyone else confirm?

I guess those smaller 5MP photos are good for something.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed. What's up with that?

So when you re-frame a full-res pic it has to read the GPS metadata from the old 5MP pic in order to preserve it when writing the new 5MP pic? Seems odd.

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
It's very odd. I was about to go through the 5MP photos and delete them when I noticed this.

I wonder if there's some sort of Nokia makernote/metadata storing this information, but it's still very odd.

Hellhog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Just checked. I had taken a lot of photos during a research trip and was planning on using the high res for editing and some online uploading. None have geotagging on the high res since it was back in Jan. Apparently high res .jpg are now geotagged (running WP8.1) but the .dng are not which kind of sucks. I'm actually testing Lightroom 5 right now to sort through and edit my photos (about 900 from the excursion and have been putting it off). I was planning to start using .dng too but this kind of dampers it. The only thing I've found is that using Lightroom I can quickly copy the Geotagged metadata from the 5MP image and paste it into the high res image which works perfectly. However doing this 450 times is going to be annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Intrepid00

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Just checked. I had taken a lot of photos during a research trip and was planning on using the high res for editing and some online uploading. None have geotagging on the high res since it was back in Jan. Apparently high res .jpg are now geotagged (running WP8.1) but the .dng are not which kind of sucks. I'm actually testing Lightroom 5 right now to sort through and edit my photos (about 900 from the excursion and have been putting it off). I was planning to start using .dng too but this kind of dampers it. The only thing I've found is that using Lightroom I can quickly copy the Geotagged metadata from the 5MP image and paste it into the high res image which works perfectly. However doing this 450 times is going to be annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Yeah I have like 100+ already with no tagging. Gets old fast tagging it by hand. Lightroom's database is SQL lite so I should be able to do something about that. If I do I'll share it.

Intrepid00

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/280450-workaround-missing-gps-tags-dng-files.html If already in LightRoom you might want to export, delete and reimport as easiest workaround. You have to have the original 5MP JPGs that are GPS coded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786