09-12-2013 12:04 PM
38 12
tools
    I absolutely didn't have that bug before amber.. Now its really irritating. 😣
    09-02-2013 06:06 AM
    I had the duplication bug way before Amber. 8 copies was my record.

But digressing, where the hell are those 1 - 8 Photos kept that always appear after a reboot?
    They used to be in a folder called 8 in Photos but they aint there and now my Live Tile is full of shoes and bicycles.
    Last edited by Chris Sandiford; 09-03-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    09-03-2013 05:11 PM
    Another small bug noted by me:
    When u switch On/Off the flight mode, the WiFi gets automatically switched On... This happened to me several times..but not always..
    Did anyone else note that bug?
    09-07-2013 12:41 AM
    I've noticed that the update has reset my keyboard in terms of autocorrect. I had this problem when I first got my phone, then over the months it has remembered certain words for me and the autocorrect improved. Now it's back to square one.
    09-07-2013 01:53 AM
    I must say my update went very smooth, no problems after update, so far, but there again I had no problems before, phone is only week old, so fingers crossed. Jim
    09-07-2013 08:34 AM
    "Wireless on in Flight Mode"
    .... May be it's prepared for this .....
    Frequently Asked Questions | Virgin Australia
    Frequently Asked Questions | Virgin Australia
    09-07-2013 11:09 PM
    But not evrytime
    09-08-2013 12:31 AM
    First lemme start..

The camera has improved a lot for me.. The close shot images are way better now. Noise is much reduced and flash lighting is perfect now..
    Glance screen is cool but battery killing
    Missing the field test using ##3282 for using "3G only" data mode
    Data sense is cool and accurate
    The other storage prob is still not fixed at least for me.
    Overall speed of the phone remains the same, windows phone 8 is as fluidic and responsive as before.

You can change mode to 3G only in Settings-Mobile Network (Highest Connection Speed)
    09-08-2013 10:10 AM
    You can change mode to 3G only in Settings-Mobile Network (Highest Connection Speed)
    do u really expect me to post that without even checking the settings menu?
    3G "ONLY" is not possible for the time being atleast in Indian 820 ROMs..
    Last edited by akks; 09-08-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    09-08-2013 01:09 PM
    My initial impressions have been positive: definite improvement in battery life and I have double tap to wake switched ON.

One thing I've noticed that I don't know if it was there before - I'm getting a screen flicker when scrolling through a list (like a list of news articles in Nextgen reader, or a long web page).

I should note that after I paplied the update I did hard reset my phone to ensure a completely clean install. I know, probably not necessary but I'm a firm believer in an occasional hard reset being a good thing.
    09-09-2013 08:08 AM
    Finally the OS seems to be generally fixed. No more chat disconnects. I use a leather wallet style case (who doesn't use a case?) and that does seem to trigger double tap wake. Dropping it to low sensitivity, will see how that plays out. The FM feature is better than nothing but it really is ancient tech. The radio ui is pretty poor too. Where's DAB support? Come on Nokisoft, this is the 21st century you know. DAB is hardly new. Time to modernise.

Otherwise, this is what was needed. Datasense finally! Also, the improved media compatibility in IE10 means the Pure Connect site can now play my media through my phone (shame there's no app yet...).

All I need from gdr3 is WiFi download of apps/settings after hard reset and closing apps from the multitask screen as promised. Then it's just the long wait for full Win8 app compatibility.

Except... Why can I STILL find absolutely ZERO podcasts in the store? Why is the podcast function so broken and so hard to fix? I can even add one from the Win8 sync app, but it will not sync once on the phone even though it offers the option. I don't quite understand what the chap testing the podcast feature was playing at. When he couldn't find a single podcast, what on earth made him tick the 'fine for release' box on the form? Madness.
    09-09-2013 10:17 AM
    Anyone else noticed an annoying screen jump when scrolling a page? Pretty sure it wasn't there before the GDR2 / Amber update.
    09-12-2013 07:31 AM
    I'm not sure If I had my phone the latest Amber update or I don't know what version I have. Got my phone a few days ago and updated it after purchased.

09-12-2013 12:04 PM
38 12