Lumia 820 Amber reviews

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
First lemme start..

The camera has improved a lot for me.. The close shot images are way better now. Noise is much reduced and flash lighting is perfect now..
Glance screen is cool but battery killing
Missing the field test using ##3282 for using "3G only" data mode
Data sense is cool and accurate
The other storage prob is still not fixed at least for me.
Overall speed of the phone remains the same, windows phone 8 is as fluidic and responsive as before.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has improved and i don't think its a placebo.
Don't find much change in internet explorer.
Call clarity improved.

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I installed Amber yesterday, and it was not smooth. It downloaded the update once, but could not install as it ran out of space. I uninstalled some apps and tried again, and this time it worked (but it downloaded the whole package again, and took a lot of time).
The good part is that there is a Call & SMS filter, Glance screen, and other features, as promised by Nokia, however, on the flipside, WhatsApp notifications are again delayed. Also, the Nokia video uploader app does not work - neither does it upload, nor does it have any option to trim videos.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
A small change i noted.
Now if we restart the phone the default volume is 13.earlier it was 20. If we forget to increase the volume after switching on,we may miss imp calls...
Really missing the separate volume controls like in the android...
Amber changelog is nothing to boast about with my friends with android like they will tease saying u r getting FM Radio n flip to mute only now! 😞
The only thing which i liked in amber is that the camera has become simply awesome now...
Long way to go Microsoft....

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
At the start of my upgrade it was told that it need 573mb min space,but during the process low memory notification popped up many times, so i kept on deleting my apps.. Finally ended up in freeing 1.5gb to get amber installed.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Short of a factory reset I'm not sure I can free up that much space. 'Other' is eating almost 3gb of space and even so I'd lose all progress on games. No cloud saving of save states is an annoyance when coupled with the storage issues.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Double tap is good.. But my fon automatically got unlocked in my pants pocket 3-4 times.. Some of my home screen tiles also got displaced here n there 😉
Still its cool so keeping it on for the time being..

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Finally updated to amber, focus is much much better now, and pro cam is awesome,
Took less than hour to upgrade, i thought it would take maybe 2 or more as per people posted earlier..

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
* GPS fix taking more time. Now not getting fixed easily from indoors as before.
*duplicates in photos.really disturbing
*call quality improved.
*sunlight readability improved,now not fading the colours like before.. As such screen colours better

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone got WhatsApp working fine with Amber? It's really irritating... WhatApp solved the notification problem just a few months ago, and now with Amber, it is again not notifying when there are incoming messages.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
After the update the volume on my girlfriends 820 drops down to zero when she connects it to her car stereo via a cable from the headphone jack on the phone to the Aux on the car stereo. You can actually see the volume numbers roll down to zero and it is impossible to turn the volume up with the cable connected.
Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon