Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

09-12-2013 12:04 PM
38 12
tools
    Friends pls post the reviews of Amber update in our Lumia 820 here..
    08-20-2013 02:12 PM
    First lemme start..

The camera has improved a lot for me.. The close shot images are way better now. Noise is much reduced and flash lighting is perfect now..
    Glance screen is cool but battery killing
    Missing the field test using ##3282 for using "3G only" data mode
    Data sense is cool and accurate
    The other storage prob is still not fixed at least for me.
    Overall speed of the phone remains the same, windows phone 8 is as fluidic and responsive as before.
    Soyeb Mullick and infinidim like this.
    08-20-2013 02:17 PM
    Battery life has improved and i don't think its a placebo.
    Don't find much change in internet explorer.
    Call clarity improved.
    08-20-2013 10:39 PM
    I installed Amber yesterday, and it was not smooth. It downloaded the update once, but could not install as it ran out of space. I uninstalled some apps and tried again, and this time it worked (but it downloaded the whole package again, and took a lot of time).
    The good part is that there is a Call & SMS filter, Glance screen, and other features, as promised by Nokia, however, on the flipside, WhatsApp notifications are again delayed. Also, the Nokia video uploader app does not work - neither does it upload, nor does it have any option to trim videos.
    08-21-2013 02:07 AM
    Wait for another Friday update for watsapp..
    08-21-2013 04:02 AM
    Reduced heating of the device on playing high end games,unlike before
    08-21-2013 09:54 AM
    A small change i noted.
    Now if we restart the phone the default volume is 13.earlier it was 20. If we forget to increase the volume after switching on,we may miss imp calls...
    Really missing the separate volume controls like in the android...
    Amber changelog is nothing to boast about with my friends with android like they will tease saying u r getting FM Radio n flip to mute only now! 😞
    The only thing which i liked in amber is that the camera has become simply awesome now...
    Long way to go Microsoft....
    SaiKiran7474 likes this.
    08-21-2013 11:59 AM
    There is one change in internet explorer.
    It takes less time to display url history while typing in url bar.
    08-21-2013 12:59 PM
    How much minimum space required for OTA download.... I have got the notification to upgrade but have only 1.2 gb free...
    08-22-2013 09:52 AM
    Until I had 1.5 GB free space, the phone update did not succeed
    Srvgodara likes this.
    08-22-2013 09:57 AM
    At the start of my upgrade it was told that it need 573mb min space,but during the process low memory notification popped up many times, so i kept on deleting my apps.. Finally ended up in freeing 1.5gb to get amber installed.
    08-22-2013 09:58 AM
    Short of a factory reset I'm not sure I can free up that much space. 'Other' is eating almost 3gb of space and even so I'd lose all progress on games. No cloud saving of save states is an annoyance when coupled with the storage issues.
    08-23-2013 04:51 AM
    Is it just me or the screen resolution and color is more sharper than before?
    08-23-2013 05:05 AM
    After changing colour profile?
    08-23-2013 06:14 AM
    Double tap is good.. But my fon automatically got unlocked in my pants pocket 3-4 times.. Some of my home screen tiles also got displaced here n there 😉
    Still its cool so keeping it on for the time being..
    08-23-2013 06:16 AM
    Finally updated to amber, focus is much much better now, and pro cam is awesome,
    Took less than hour to upgrade, i thought it would take maybe 2 or more as per people posted earlier..
    08-24-2013 10:29 PM
    * GPS fix taking more time. Now not getting fixed easily from indoors as before.
    *duplicates in photos.really disturbing
    *call quality improved.
    *sunlight readability improved,now not fading the colours like before.. As such screen colours better
    08-25-2013 02:17 AM
    Has anyone got WhatsApp working fine with Amber? It's really irritating... WhatApp solved the notification problem just a few months ago, and now with Amber, it is again not notifying when there are incoming messages.
    08-27-2013 04:15 AM
    After the update the volume on my girlfriends 820 drops down to zero when she connects it to her car stereo via a cable from the headphone jack on the phone to the Aux on the car stereo. You can actually see the volume numbers roll down to zero and it is impossible to turn the volume up with the cable connected.
    Any suggestions?
    08-27-2013 04:21 AM
    no notifications on viber after amber update,any help
    08-27-2013 04:45 AM
    Has anyone got WhatsApp working fine with Amber? It's really irritating... WhatApp solved the notification problem just a few months ago, and now with Amber, it is again not notifying when there are incoming messages.
    It looks like yesterday the WhatsApp notification problem was solved. I dont know how, since there was no update in the app, or any other change that I did, but it started working since yesterday evening, and I get notifications now. The only thing I did, that I recall, is try to clear the "Other" memory by moving the phone date ahead by 2 weeks, using Nokia storage check app to clear temporary files, and rebooting. My "Other" was 3.15 GB, and I really needed to clear it!
    08-28-2013 12:37 AM
    I do not like new sounds - especially for calendar reminder, almost impossible to hear it.
    08-28-2013 03:42 AM
    I've no watsapp notification prob..
    But a horizontal line is coming in the middle at times..
    Didn't note that sound issue too
    08-28-2013 03:48 AM
    Photos showing duplicates is really annoying. anyone else having this bug after amber update?
    Its not related to SD card i think.. Even after removing the sd card and taking photos, duplicates are created..
    Any help in killing this bug?
    Last edited by akks; 08-31-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    08-30-2013 08:46 PM
    I had the duplicate photos bug when using an SD card before the Amber update. I've got Amber now, and I've not noticed the problem yet, but I certainly noticed this before the update. I would get 2, 3, 4 copies of the same photo when using an SD card, same with music, randomly would get duplicates every time I added a song or photo to the SD card.

I was hoping GDR2 would fix these issues, but clearly not.

My general thoughts of the new update so far:

• I won't be turning on glance or double tap to wake, I own a watch to tell the time, I don't need to waste battery with these pointless features. Nice for some but not something I care even slightly about.
    • FM Radio. again, ditto. Have podcasts and radio is slowly moving to DAB. No idea why this archaic technology needed reintroducing frankly.
    • The screen colour options are nice. I can adjust the screen to be warmer and more vibrant now which is a big plus.
    • Internet Explorer seems a lot less annoying, especially when you type and get predictive results, it no longer freezes to update that, very smooth now.

Otherwise I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference. Not really what I'd call major progress, but ah well.
    Last edited by Danny King; 09-01-2013 at 05:30 AM.
    09-01-2013 05:19 AM
38 12