Where can you buy an unlocked 64gb Nokia 1020

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just contacted O2 to see if they know (or would be willing to share) how long they have exclusive rights for the 64GB model in the UK.

They were no help at all.

I'm gonna drop Nokia an email to see if they can tell me.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia unable to help too.

Perhaps if someone has a Twatter account, they could maybe pose a question to the Nokia and/or O2 feeds to find out how long O2 will have exclusive rights to the 64GB model in the UK??

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
As of now, wait for some time and 64GB will spread its legs around the world

Wait??? Wait???

WTF man, this is 2013...people simply don't wait anymore ;)

Joking aside, I've waited a long time already and I really miss being able to take the kind of stunning images I regularly caught on my 808.

I think it's madness that Nokia have restricted so many potential customers from having the 64GB version.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Wait??? Wait???

Joking aside, I've waited a long time already and I really miss being able to take the kind of stunning images I regularly caught on my 808.

I think it's madness that Nokia have restricted so many potential customers from having the 64GB version.
I agree with you here. I f I am not able to get the 64GB version I am not going to upgrade until it is available. Hoping the replacement model next year gives us this option.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wait??? Wait???

Nokia, by default is not making the 64GB variant for the world. If anyone wants it, it only has to be thru those carriers.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia, by default is not making the 64GB variant for the world. If anyone wants it, it only has to be thru those carriers.

In terms of first world problems, it's a travesty of epic proportions :)

Coincidentally, does anyone know the history of the 64GB 1020? Was it originally planned in the first stages of development or was it as a result of talks between O2/Telefonica and MS/Nokia or maybe even something else?

Albertosaurus

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Any updates on any online sellers unloading 64gb phones ? Curious though, are the phones similar to the At&T 1020's with built in services per provider ?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
the phone has a couple of o2 apps installed and will probably have an o2 product code so updates could be hit and miss now we cant access navifirm , on the flip side it can be unlocked from o2 via an online form but if you dont live in a country with o2 then i guess it gets tricky :-/

its a shame nokia do this ..... they done it in the uk with the 925 and voda getting a 32gb model

earthbellybutton

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Is it someone from UK bought the 1020 64gb from O2 pay as you go? Is it possible to use it with another sim card like @BPsurf (the guy from Germany?) .Someone please let me know . Thank you!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it someone from UK bought the 1020 64gb from O2 pay as you go? Is it possible to use it with another sim card like @BPsurf (the guy from Germany?) .Someone please let me know . Thank you!

My 64GB 1020 is a monthly contract and O2 provide an unlock code for free. I think they charge ?15 for PAYG customers.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My 64GB 1020 is a monthly contract and O2 provide an unlock code for free. I think they charge ?15 for PAYG customers.

Lol thats useless on O2's part, anyone could sell the phone (unlocked), deposit that money in bank, earn interest and have fun!
I do know that you need to pay monthly for the phone but if you happen to put that kind of usage, its a win win for you as a consumer.

AT&T was extremely tight providing unlock codes for Lumia 920.

Now I am not sure whats the business condition of O2 in UK, so maybe to retain customers they do anything :s

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol thats useless on O2's part, anyone could sell the phone (unlocked), deposit that money in bank, earn interest and have fun!
I do know that you need to pay monthly for the phone but if you happen to put that kind of usage, its a win win for you as a consumer.

AT&T was extremely tight providing unlock codes for Lumia 920.

Now I am not sure whats the business condition of O2 in UK, so maybe to retain customers they do anything :s

I was amazed at the flexibility that they have shown. Their 'Refresh' package is a great way for people to upgrade their phones part way through their contract but it's completely open to misuse...including by me :)

My current carrier (3 UK) charged me ?15 to unlock my 920 and I've been with them for years.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I was amazed at the flexibility that they have shown. Their 'Refresh' package is a great way for people to upgrade their phones part way through their contract but it's completely open to misuse...including by me :)

My current carrier (3 UK) charged me ?15 to unlock my 920 and I've been with them for years.

I have worked in a Dell customer centre, I had some guys in the team from '3 UK', retention department.
They were informing that, the sales people asked customers to check the phone, and once they switch it on they have to go for a contract, there's no way out.
Now I feel thats too extreme, and the guys also said that the network 3 gave is horrible, retention department was always crying tears because they had to deal with the carp sales team threw (to achieve targets).

I am not surprised if they charged 15 pounds for an unlock code, but hey thats bad business imo. You may take the 15 pound and you will lose a customer that could give you 300 pound woth of business.

earthbellybutton

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyhow been at O2 shop today. They told me that they have the phone on pay as you go but is locked on O2, they can provide me a unlock code after one year use, but i have to go online and probably they will charge me for 15?. Was just hoping if it is pay as you go i can use any sim in it.... :unhappy:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyhow been at O2 shop today. They told me that they have the phone on pay as you go but is locked on O2, they can provide me a unlock code after one year use, but i have to go online and probably they will charge me for 15?. Was just hoping if it is pay as you go i can use any sim in it.... :unhappy:

Does the trick of "I am going abroad and I need unlock code" work in UK?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't ask about this....but it is an idea ;) probably they feel my accent :D

Just don't do it when you buy it, they may not fall for it.
Do it a week later, call the customer care and tell them you have to visit Asia for some trip and want to take beautiful pictures without burning wallet on roaming charges.
Also you may want to threaten them by saying you may jump to another carrier then and stuff like that.
You feel me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb