Phone switches sometimes to lockscreen when writing text

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I don't know if it is a Lumia 925 bug or a GDR2 bug, but sometimes, when I write text, suddenly with no reason the phone switches to lockscreen.

I remember an old bug almost similar (with WP 7.5, not sure) when the keyboard was sometimes disappearing with no reason when writing text.

Anyone with same problem?

sinergy2k

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
my 925 does that too, just randomly will go to lock screen while I am using it! never happened on my 920 so I'm guessing GDR2 bug?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a funny conclusion, just don't take is seriously, you holding the phone in way that's clicking the lockscreen button :)

remind me of a joke, although I don't think its funny.

Patient: doctor every time I drink tea, my left eye hurts.

Doctor: well I cant see anything to relate this, maybe your allergic to something, let me see you drink.

Patient: ok, (makes a cup of tea, starts to drink).

Doctor: ::Facepalm:: REMOVE THE TEA SPOON THATS POKING YOUR EYE!!!!

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me ALOT, not just when writing text, but when viewing Facebook, web browsing and youtube vids etc. My fingers are nowhere near the lock screen button. I'm fine with it, takes another second to unlock the screen. Haven't updated or installed firmware since purchase, might hook it up to zune tonight and see what's what.

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I've never run into this, but occasionally I do get screen presses activated when I'm not physically touching the screen. Usually I'm pretty close, though. I wonder if its keeping the screen on the hyper-sensitive setting? Maybe try lowering that and see if it still happens. I love that feature , though... I bike and can use my phone now when I have gloves on, although only tapping seems to work, not swiping, etc.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Agreed the super sensitive screens are great, and i too have noticed screen presses when i havnt even touched the screen, maybe 1mm from the screen can cause a connection, and i turned that off weeks ago. Too warm to be wearing gloves now.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with all the posts above. I have had my phone turn on in my pocket and try to enter pin numerous times. Often I have faced the alphanumeric verification warning as well! Also lock screen drops with no reason at all. I think its got to do with proximity sensor calibration because my "auto brightness" flickers randomly whenever it wants to do so even in a dark room.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb