Storage capacity with different Ativ S models....

wraedeo_hed

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Good Day ladies and gents,

I think I'm finally about to pull the trigger on an Ativ S and activate it with AT&T, but before I do so I have one more question to ask. Looking at specification for different versions for the Ativ S (Sprints, T899,...etc..etc) I keep seeing inconsistencies with the rated SD-card sotrage limit.

Sometimes I see 32gb, while other times I see 64gb, can anyone tell me which one is true?

Was is orginally 32gb, but then 64gb after a software update?

Much appreciated!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
To play it safe, it should be 32GB.

However, the actual limit is 64GB. Since the Ativ S has a large amount of internal storage, it's fine to play it safe.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm rocking the T899 with a 32GB Class 10 Lexar microSD card and have had, and continue suffer issues with the SD storage. It works, until it doesn't...at which time all my photos become unavailable and I need a reboot. And during EVERY reboot I get a SD Storage error screen which I have to acknowledge/dismiss.
And then the card works again even after the warning and I'll be good as gold for a couple of weeks. It doesn't happen very often...but it is an issue.

Other threads on this subject suggest getting a "genuine" Samsung branded sd card to ensure compatibility, and that the ATIV S is only rated for up to Class 4 speeds...which I kind of discount (for my model) based on the fact that 32/64 GB class 4 cards are uncommon. I have NOT been able to find any mention of speed restrictions for my model in the included manuals or on the Samsung (Canada) website but expanding storage up to 64gb is advertised.

Some things to keep in mind...

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I know that this doesn't really help the OP since they appear to be in the U.S. but I just saw that here in Canada Futureshop is advertising a 32gb Class 4 card in their latest flyer. (Active Aug 23rd) If I could do it again, that's the way I'd go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon