Did AT&T forget about us?

mystery01

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The rest of the country gets iOS 7 hot off the press.
6-month old Windows Phone update misses AT&T.
Regardless of preconceived notions, this is highly unusual of them. So now that the 920 is abandonware, who's getting the next flagship for the next 9 months?

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Come on now, none of that is true. The GDR2/Amber update is scheduled to happen before the end of this month according to what we know. Having said that ATT has been less than forthcoming creating unease which could be easily fixed, imo. The 920 is still a fantastic phone and won't be abandonware for quite some time. I tweeted ATT this am, let's see if they respond.

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Is it confirmed that AT&T will disable Data Sense, or is this just a prediction based on past experience? Everyone seems to be reacting to AT&T as if the deed has already been done. Has it?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Ladies please calm down, GDR2 was pulled from ALL lumias. Yes AT&T was late getting it out and weren't able to publish it before Nokia's cutoff, but at this point they are probably waiting for Nokia to patch up GDR2.

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey AT&T,
If your engineering can't fix DataSense, just remove it and give me Amber. I don't care, and I will use your data plan like crazy. It sounds stupid, yes.. I'm stupid enough of being your customer.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is it confirmed that AT&T will disable Data Sense, or is this just a prediction based on past experience? Everyone seems to be reacting to AT&T as if the deed has already been done. Has it?

I think this is based on the fact that the Lumia 925 and 1020 already have Amber/GDR2 but don't come with Data Sense.

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Ladies please calm down, GDR2 was pulled from ALL lumias. Yes AT&T was late getting it out and weren't able to publish it before Nokia's cutoff, but at this point they are probably waiting for Nokia to patch up GDR2.

What?

Pushing GDR2 hasn't been halted to Lumia 920s anywhere. It was halted on the distribution to the HTC 8X in some places because it was causing trouble, but the issue has been exclusive to the HTC 8X.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Care to share some information? Apparently we haven't heard about GDR2 being pulled from all Lumias. Last we knew, there were reports of GDR2 still being rolled out by most carriers other than ATT, but you must have information we don't, so please share.

It would be nice, as well, if ATT would simply say "GDR2 is being pulled from all Nokia Lumias so we have nothing to push out".

lylone

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I heard that the 920 is only being supported until July of 2014 and that Nokia would be sending out the updates. It looks like ATT has now taken it over. We were lucky with the last update coming out so quickly. ATT is known for being slow in pushing out updates on all platforms. I remember waiting on BB updates, but at least they were not carrier specific and were easily downloaded before ATT finished their "magic" with messing them up. They did the same thing for the Nokia E71x.
I am sure they are removing datasense and are having to test the changes they made.
Also we have to make sure we all get their bloatware of apps just in case we want to give them more money for apps we don't need.

Only Mama Knows

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The rest of the country gets iOS 7 hot off the press.
6-month old Windows Phone update misses AT&T.
Regardless of preconceived notions, this is highly unusual of them. So now that the 920 is abandonware, who's getting the next flagship for the next 9 months?

Just one of many reasons I'll be leaving Windows Phone in the next couple of months.

buddha747

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone, and i love at&t's coverage, but screw this. Ive been waiting for over a month now, and i have the premium phone?
Sorry Microsoft, but my next phone is gonna be a T-Mo nexus 5, and this is exactly why.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way. I opted for the "flagship" to get flagship treatment. But whatever. The phone still works and works well for me. I'm looking at getting the Z1 is Sony ever decides to show a price and release date for US. I might just get the slightly older ZL since i like the idea of having the IR remote built in :)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone, and i love at&t's coverage, but screw this. Ive been waiting for over a month now, and i have the premium phone?
Sorry Microsoft, but my next phone is gonna be a T-Mo nexus 5, and this is exactly why.

just flash it and don't get all crazy about it, otherwise have fun with android.

K_lando

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
A dude over in the 925 forums was able to get att to give him an early upgrade after he threatened to move to tmobile. He was moving from an iphone 5 to a 925. Maybe they would do that for people here that have not gotten the update?

Translation: At&t didn't do anything but have the guy sign another 2 year contract for another phone. This is nothing to cheer about.

"Oh, you're pissed at us? Here, sign this and agree to stick with us for another 2 years".

GENIUS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs