10-19-2013 10:19 AM
1,126 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    _Was_ with AT&T since the original flip-phone days – No longer. Blocking the Data Sense app is just plain GREED personified by corporate AT&T. Avarice Through & Through!
    My AT&T branded Nokia Lumia 520 came with the GDR2/Amber update installed, mid-August 2013. The phone and apps are excellent! But, no Data Sense. Research the Web = it's all on AT&T.
    Decided to buy a Nokia Lumia 521, and now moving on to a T-Mobile MVNO. Much better rates and, Data Sense is operational and fully supported!
    Goodbye AT&T!
    iboypx, dznk, DaveGx and 3 others like this.
    09-29-2013 01:30 AM
    <2more days until the end of september and no update in sight
    09-29-2013 11:16 AM
    Yea a Nexus device is really looking good right now. Being held hostage by a carrier is really getting old. I never used a nexus device but I am considering it now cause they unlocked and updates come straight from google.
    JonnieLasVegas likes this.
    09-29-2013 11:27 AM
    Translation: you read it on the internet so you know it's the truth... rolleyes
    Look I'm going to make it very clear. It came directly from my Nokia rep. She has no reason to lie to me because it effects a pilot program we're doing with Windows Phone 8 at my work. We'll get GDR2 in October and GDR3 in November. Hopefully sooner in October but no later than 10/21.
    09-29-2013 11:33 AM
    My Nokia Lumia 920 is unlocked and I am from Sri Lanka.. I bought the phone thrg my friend in US. And unlock it by calling At&t customer care..
    My question is.. Should I wait until at&t release the amber updates or the updates coming to my phone directly from nokia since my phone is unlocked?
    09-29-2013 11:40 AM
    I can deal with a delay if there is a legitimate issue with the update. What annoys me most is the complete and utter lack of communication from ATT, Nokia, and Microsoft on the issue to the general public. There are a total of 3 people in my household (including me) who own and love their 920s. At this point i'd just flash them with the update, but I don't want to risk voiding the warranties, or being deprived of future updates if a problem comes up down the line from flashing.
    iboypx, nohra, fpostrow and 1 others like this.
    09-29-2013 11:43 AM
    +1000000

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    09-29-2013 12:39 PM
    Look I'm going to make it very clear. It came directly from my Nokia rep. She has no reason to lie to me because it effects a pilot program we're doing with Windows Phone 8 at my work. We'll get GDR2 in October and GDR3 in November. Hopefully sooner in October but no later than 10/21.
    So correct me if I'm wrong, your pilot program for a select few is holding up a update for thousands of AT&T customers which will probably never benefit from it. WHAT A CROCK, UNBELIEVABLE
    fpostrow likes this.
    09-29-2013 12:47 PM
    So correct me if I'm wrong, your pilot program for a select few is holding up a update for thousands of AT&T customers which will probably never benefit from it. WHAT A CROCK, UNBELIEVABLE
    I think that's the other way around, actually.

The Nokia rep has no reason to lie to bpmurr because this delay from AT&T is causing issues for their pilot. Not the pilot is causing issues for us. That would be unbelieveable.

Whether or not you believe bpmurr's contact if up to you.
    09-29-2013 12:54 PM
    I think that's the other way around, actually.

The Nokia rep has no reason to lie to bpmurr because this delay from AT&T is causing issues for their pilot. Not the pilot is causing issues for us. That would be unbelieveable.

Whether or not you believe bpmurr's contact if up to you.
    Thank you for having good reading comprehension skills! :) That's exactly what's going on. My pilot has nothing to do with the delay. However, the delay is keeping us from rolling 920s out to a broader base.
    09-29-2013 01:03 PM
    Thank you for having good reading comprehension skills! :) That's exactly what's going on. My pilot has nothing to do with the delay. However, the delay is keeping us from rolling 920s out to a broader base.
    Me dumb, sorry I thought it was the other way around
    I'm just ticked like everyone else, since AT&T will not tell us anything.
    09-29-2013 01:38 PM
    I can deal with a delay if there is a legitimate issue with the update. What annoys me most is the complete and utter lack of communication from ATT, Nokia, and Microsoft on the issue to the general public. There are a total of 3 people in my household (including me) who own and love their 920s. At this point i'd just flash them with the update, but I don't want to risk voiding the warranties, or being deprived of future updates if a problem comes up down the line from flashing.
    This is EXACTLY why I am ticked off. If it is communicated to us paying customers I would be less upset. I would be a little annoyed, but not as ticked off as I now am.
    JackG058 likes this.
    09-29-2013 06:38 PM
    Just hit the "check for updates" button again on my 920..... As of Monday, Sept 30th 12:33 am on the east coast U.S., we still have nothing... :/

(still enjoying Amber/GDR2 on my bright yellow 1020 though! :D )
    09-29-2013 11:37 PM
    After the 21st passes people will be like wait for the beginning of November. Its just wait and then wait some more. A bunch of BS
    nohra, fpostrow and aseferian like this.
    09-29-2013 11:49 PM
    I'm kind of surprised there's been no article by WPcentral on it being taken down for bugs. Still, did all the other carriers have bugs? I haven't heard of too many with 920s on GDR2/Amber...

AT&T is just showing their size too much right now... Too big to care to tell their WP customers anything. I've had good experiences with their customer service dept before and I like their coverage, but this is just silly. They just need to change their canned answers from " OS updates are difficult, blah blah blah." to "there's a problem removing DataSense and we had to send it back to Nokia to fix".
    aseferian likes this.
    09-30-2013 12:20 AM
    I'm kind of surprised there's been no article by WPcentral on it being taken down for bugs. Still, did all the other carriers have bugs? I haven't heard of too many with 920s on GDR2/Amber...

AT&T is just showing their size too much right now... Too big to care to tell their WP customers anything. I've had good experiences with their customer service dept before and I like their coverage, but this is just silly. They just need to change their canned answers from " OS updates are difficult, blah blah blah." to "there's a problem removing DataSense and we had to send it back to Nokia to fix".
    From my conversation with my Nokia rep this was all a Nokia thing not AT&T. They pulled the update before AT&T could finalize testing.
    nohra and peacock93 like this.
    09-30-2013 02:00 AM
    From my conversation with my Nokia rep this was all a Nokia thing not AT&T. They pulled the update before AT&T could finalize testing.
    And yet there's been no word from Nokia, either.
    nohra and JackG058 like this.
    09-30-2013 05:08 AM
    And yet there's been no word from Nokia, either.
    At&t = Too big and disconnected to effectively communicate with customers.

Nokia = Not enough company vehicles left to take out Title loans to pay an intern to communicate with public. Nokia lemonade stand initiative failing as well.

Things are so bad @ Nokia that they recently ran a contest named "Hot water with Elop" (There was no budget for instant coffee), where the lucky winner got a sit down with the CEO. The winner canceled on Elop....
    nohra likes this.
    09-30-2013 05:43 AM
    Wow this is bad whether it be att it Nokia . I hope to find out if it was Nokia it att to start making future decisions im now sitting on 10 GB of other storage this is stupid already
    nohra likes this.
    09-30-2013 07:03 AM
    While it is true that At&t holds most updates, like with the Focus or the Titan (both of which never got the keyboard fix or 7.8 officially), I think this might actually be a Nokia issue. I mean, GDR2 has been released already for their HTC 8X, so why would they hold an update for a more popular Windows Phone on their carrier?
    09-30-2013 07:54 AM
    So we are here now, last day of September and as of right now still no update. I do believe this update will never come.
    09-30-2013 07:56 AM
    Here is ATT tech support official response as of this morning:

Bev Gordon: They do not have a release date as of yet.AT&T is currently testing the GDR2 software update.

JB: This is puzzling as newer Nokia phones in the ATT store have the update...is the strategy to get us to upgrade the phone by denying updates? When I bought the phone I was PROMISED all updates...

Bev Gordon: I do understand when Att has finished testing the software update you will be notified of the release and have the option to update the software,
    09-30-2013 08:13 AM
    Also talking to AT&T Customer Service. Not going well.
    09-30-2013 09:21 AM
    Here is ATT tech support official response as of this morning:

Bev Gordon: They do not have a release date as of yet.AT&T is currently testing the GDR2 software update.

JB: This is puzzling as newer Nokia phones in the ATT store have the update...is the strategy to get us to upgrade the phone by denying updates? When I bought the phone I was PROMISED all updates...

Bev Gordon: I do understand when Att has finished testing the software update you will be notified of the release and have the option to update the software,
    Same ol canned response
    fpostrow likes this.
    09-30-2013 09:53 AM
    While it is true that At&t holds most updates, like with the Focus or the Titan (both of which never got the keyboard fix or 7.8 officially), I think this might actually be a Nokia issue. I mean, GDR2 has been released already for their HTC 8X, so why would they hold an update for a more popular Windows Phone on their carrier?
    because they know windows phones don't pay the bills . They know who does so those are there main concern not wp8!
    09-30-2013 10:06 AM
1,126 ... 2425262728 ...