Did AT&T forget about us?

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I was at a UX conference and heard the same thing reiterated that I've heard many times in the past. This online retailer stated that iPhone users spend far, far more than Android users. They went out of their way to build an Android app to see if user experience was the hindrance. It made no difference whatsoever. This is one of the big reasons why everyone will continue pushing the iPhone harder than even Android with it's dominant marketshare, because it's users are willing to spend money.

If it turns out Windows Phone users are also cheap, it's not going to bode well for the platform. I think people are hungry for a proper iPhone competitor, but they don't want to see yet another Android. Of course, currently Nokia seems overly focused on the low end of the market. I'm already seeing echos of the same kind of cheapness, people complaining about $3 games.

Pretty sure I read on here a few months back that on average WP users spend more in the App Store than both Android and iPhone users. I've probably spent more on apps for my Windows Phones than I did for my iPhone when I had it. I rarely bought games with the exception of Football Manager Handheld and I never ever purchased an app.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
What version Glance do you have? I didn't see any updates here. I'm showing version 2.0.1.4.

Maybe it never updated after I did my Rogers amber flash on Friday. How do you tell what version you have by looking on the phone? I looked under my purchase history on the MS Phone website and it does show 2.0.1.4. Funny that everything else updated after I flashed it except for Glance.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it never updated after I did my Rogers amber flash on Friday. How do you tell what version you have by looking on the phone? I looked under my purchase history on the MS Phone website and it does show 2.0.1.4. Funny that everything else updated after I flashed it except for Glance.

fyi, I had to force update Glance on mine too a day or two after flashing to Rogers Amber/GDR2.
PS: Everything works beautifully. No issues with battery life or connections. I am glad I did while knowing that ATT will be up next in line soon because I have data sense and fm radio.

btw. Kieta, when I flashed mine I am not seeing a Rogers boot logo at all. Goes straight from Nokia to WP8 logo. interesting at least to me (note that I flashed the Rogers Amber/GDR2 instead of updating OTA).

Last edited:

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
fyi, I had to force update Glance on mine too a day or two after flashing to Rogers Amber/GDR2.
PS: Everything works beautifully. No issues with battery life or connections. I am glad I did while knowing that ATT will be up next in line soon because I have data sense and fm radio.

btw. Kieta, when I flashed mine I am not seeing a Rogers boot logo at all. Goes straight from Nokia to WP8 logo. interesting at least to me (note that I flashed the Rogers Amber/GDR2 instead of updating OTA).

Same here, but for some reason I remember seeing it but it was probably during the OTA updates after the first flash before the Rogers Amber/GDR2.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
what GSM options do I ******* have in the US? Microkia refuses to sell sim free country variants here. I bought my 920 outright (as I do with all phones) but that means nothing when I can't strip out the carrier branded *****

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
what GSM options do I ******* have in the US? Microkia refuses to sell sim free country variants here. I bought my 920 outright (as I do with all phones) but that means nothing when I can't strip out the carrier branded *****

www.expansys-usa.com sells unlocked, Rogers-branded phones. It seems that most phones they and Negri sell that are unlocked are Rogers-branded.

TheRevMikeS

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In answer to this thread's question, Did AT&T forget about us?

The effective answer is they've forgotten about us all along. Their "best answer" now is that Amber is going to roll OTA "in the coming weeks". Keep in mind that also in the coming weeks GDR3 is due to come out. My wager is that we won't see Amber/GDR2, but that we will see Amber/GDR3 sometime in 2014. Manufacturers, NOT carriers should roll updates. I blame carrier phone subsidies for the whole fiasco.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got this from Nokia
@brandon_powell @ATTCustomerCare @NokiaUS We expect the rest of the Lumias running on WP 8 to receive the update within the upcoming weeks.
And this from. AT&T
@brandon_powell We do not have any additional info at this time. Please continue to check https://t.co/1NcFQsgLmt Here til 7:30pmET ^AnnelleM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon