Did AT&T forget about us?

laserboy

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
In answer to this thread's question, Did AT&T forget about us?

The effective answer is they've forgotten about us all along. Their "best answer" now is that Amber is going to roll OTA "in the coming weeks". Keep in mind that also in the coming weeks GDR3 is due to come out. My wager is that we won't see Amber/GDR2, but that we will see Amber/GDR3 sometime in 2014. Manufacturers, NOT carriers should roll updates. I blame carrier phone subsidies for the whole fiasco.
Calling them subsidies is a mistake. They are finance charges. We really need to separate service and phone charges.

laserboy

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
In answer to this thread's question, Did AT&T forget about us?

The effective answer is they've forgotten about us all along. Their "best answer" now is that Amber is going to roll OTA "in the coming weeks". Keep in mind that also in the coming weeks GDR3 is due to come out. My wager is that we won't see Amber/GDR2, but that we will see Amber/GDR3 sometime in 2014. Manufacturers, NOT carriers should roll updates. I blame carrier phone subsidies for the whole fiasco.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was having a look at the Nokia Amber status pages and just noticed something... all firmware starting with 1232.59XX is basically Waiting for Approval worldwide. Not just with AT&T.

To me this indicates that perhaps AT&T is not the reason for the delay here. Just a thought.

Edit:

I'm wrong. Those pages list the version as the current version, not the new amber version for those regions. And so the reason 1232.X items are Waiting For Approval is not that those versions are waiting. Those are simply the latest phone version for those providers. Which are the pre-Amber versions.

Back to complaining about AT&T for another week!

Last edited:

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I was having a look at the Nokia Amber status pages and just noticed something... all firmware starting with 1232.59XX is basically Waiting for Approval worldwide. Not just with AT&T.

To me this indicates that perhaps AT&T is not the reason for the delay here. Just a thought.

how many other carriers were using this specific version? Just an approximation?

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

just now i checked it..both firmware 1030.6407.1308.0001 and 1232.5962.1314.0001 are waiting for approval globally... seems like it not a fault of At&t

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
It would be very nice for AT&T to state some think like "there was a problem with the package released by Nokia, we are working with Nokia to resolve the issue, expect the update soon" That is ALL they would have to say to ease my tension. Instead though, they give these very vague one sentence posts that have no information in them at all.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
just now i checked it..both firmware 1030.6407.1308.0001 and 1232.5962.1314.0001 are waiting for approval globally... seems like it not a fault of At&t
If you look here and here nothing has changed. While in most of the world and even in neighboring Canada Lumia 920 owners can update to Amber/GDR2, in the US it still says waiting for approval (with the latest portico listed 1232.5962.1314.0001). I do not see a worldwide "waiting for approval". For most countries it lists some variant of 3047.0000.1326.2001 as "Available". Not sure where you are looking at.

I just checked NCS firmware download and the Amber/GDR2 for Rogers is still available to download.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Where to check this?
I've posted links for the status. I assume you refer to "this" as in firmware download in NCS. Download NCS from here. Install it, run the Nokia Application Launcher, from there run Product Support Tool for Store 5, go to Tools, click Firmware Download and type in your product code. Eg. for a black Rogers it is 059Q6W4, for a black ATT it is 059L848. You will find that you can download 3047.0000.1326.2001 for Rogers product but only 1232.5962.1314.0001 for the ATT product.
Alternatively, you can check latest firmware releases here.
http://www.mrcrab.net/Nokia-Product-Code.html?ProductCode=059L848
use the get fw field/button at bottom of page if you are looking for different product.

cheers

Last edited:

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I also switched carriers on Friday. Waiting on UPS to deliver my sim card today so I can activate on T-Mobile's network. Was with AT&T probably ten years and I'm done with them. Not so much because of this update but because of their strong arm tactics when it comes to billing.

I am thinking of switching also so if I unlock my AT&T phone and go to T mobile will I get any updates from T Mobile?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12