10-19-2013 10:19 AM
1,126 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Understandable if that is the case, however the lack of communication is what is causing must of problems. all they have to say is we found a bug in the firmware on our network and we want to make sure to fix it before released. Everyone would understand that and have no problem with it.
    I agree, which is why I asked him about it.
    08-30-2013 11:21 AM
    Why are they so involved in testing the WP update?
    Because AT&T has the leverage in the relationship with Nokia and Microsoft. They're going to do what's in their own best interest and that usually means being against the best interests of the consumer.

I think they simple don't care because it's not a top selling phone and it's like not a profitable platform for them. But it's also possible they're hoping to push a few users to their newer phones already running Amber.

Is it the end of the world for us? Of course not, but it's the principle of the matter that irks me. It's obvious they can't be bothered and they do have a history of hostile business practices against their consumers.
    08-30-2013 11:27 AM
    Because AT&T has the leverage in the relationship with Nokia and Microsoft. They're going to do what's in their own best interest and that usually means being against the best interests of the consumer.

I think they simple don't care because it's not a top selling phone and it's like not a profitable platform for them. But it's also possible they're hoping to push a few users to their newer phones already running Amber.

Is it the end of the world for us? Of course not, but it's the principle of the matter that irks me. It's obvious they can't be bothered and they do have a history of hostile business practices against their consumers.
    From the impression I got...it did not appear to be completly ATT's fault on this delay. Granted they could test the corrected, bug resolved, FW faster.
    08-30-2013 11:46 AM
    At&t will undoubtedly wait until the very last week of September to push the update out even though they already have two phones on their network running it just fine. Theories abound as to why. At the end of the day It doesn't matter. I dont think they forgot about us they simply just dont give a fu#k. They will delay release as long as they possibly can while they focus on selling more of the new products with these features on board already. As for Data sense At&t will screw us with that to. As Dan Rubino stated there is no reason to expect it when the Lumia 1020 and 520 running GDR2 don't have it.
    anon(5803215) likes this.
    08-30-2013 11:47 AM
    At&t will undoubtedly wait until the very last week of September to push the update out even though they already have two phones on their network running it just fine. Theories abound as to why. At the end of the day It doesn't matter. I dont think they forgot about us they simply just dont give a fu#k. They will delay release as long as they possibly can while they focus on selling more of the new products with these features on board already. As for Data sense At&t will screw us with that to. As Dan Rubino stated there is no reason to expect it when the Lumia 1020 and 520 running GDR2 don't have it.
    They really don't care and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release it way after October, they really don't care once they have you locked in with a 2 year contract.
    paulxxwall likes this.
    08-30-2013 11:51 AM
    Sad and very true.
    08-30-2013 11:53 AM
    I get that they want to resolve bugs, but if that was the case, how have all other US carriers rolled out the update? Did they just roll it out with the bugs?
    08-30-2013 11:59 AM
    All I have to say at this point is yes, I want the update and I wanted it weeks ago. But I don't want an issue that came with a previous update which caused Data to only work half of the time. That one came from Nokia...
    08-30-2013 12:04 PM
    In my mind i see 1 guy named George working on the 920 updates while 1000 employees are being trained on the new iphone devices.
    Delin95 and irvin792 like this.
    08-30-2013 12:23 PM
    I get that they want to resolve bugs, but if that was the case, how have all other US carriers rolled out the update? Did they just roll it out with the bugs?
    Probably because the other carriers aren't removing Data Sense and telling you that you can pay $10 a month for their service instead, which will do the same thing but isn't quite as good.
    08-30-2013 01:09 PM
    Probably because the other carriers aren't removing Data Sense and telling you that you can pay $10 a month for their service instead, which will do the same thing but isn't quite as good.
    Correct, plus the FM Radio remember AT&T Radio is another paid for add on they will lose those dollars as well.
    jswantek likes this.
    08-30-2013 01:38 PM
    Correct, plus the FM Radio remember AT&T Radio is another paid for add on they will lose those dollars as well.
    Forgot about that, thanks. First thing I do when I get a new phone is delete as much bloatware as I can.
    08-30-2013 01:41 PM
    the 1020 has FM radio enabled, no data sense. Both the 1020 (which has almost identical hardware to the 920) currently has GDR2 + Amber PRE-INSTALLED So we know it works. The HTC 8x is also running GDR2+Amber now on At&t, which leaves the lonely 920 as the device on the network without it.
    08-30-2013 01:45 PM
    the lonely 920
    And the 820.
    08-30-2013 02:01 PM
    I don't understand why AT&T is involved in the update of the WP platform and Nokia firmware?

Do they do this with the iPhone? As far as I remember, whenever apple said it was going to come out, I was able to do my update. No waiting for AT&T to do their testing.

Why are they so involved in testing the WP update?
    Carriers are involved in iPhone updates. Apple gives them the update prior to release with a strict timeline of when to have it ready to go. At least that's how I've heard it works. I wish WP & Android would do it that way. But it is simpler with iPhones because they don't have a plethora of OEMs involved.
    iamtim likes this.
    08-30-2013 02:05 PM
    I forgot about Att Radio... I was wondering why they'd remove the radio... ATT's certainly not trying to retain customers, that's for sure!
    08-30-2013 06:10 PM
    I forgot about Att Radio... I was wondering why they'd remove the radio... ATT's certainly not trying to retain customers, that's for sure!
    Except that it WILL have the FM radio enabled, The 1020 (which runs GDR2+Amber pre-installed) has it enabled.
    nohra likes this.
    08-30-2013 06:58 PM
    Except that it WILL have the FM radio enabled, The 1020 (which runs GDR2+Amber pre-installed) has it enabled.
    I certainly hope so... But forgive me if I take an " I'll believe it when I see it" stance...
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    08-30-2013 11:39 PM
    For that matter, the FM radio works on the AT&T 520 with GDR2.
    08-31-2013 10:19 AM
    Does call blocking work on the 1020?
    08-31-2013 11:28 AM
    American att users feel that if att is one of the biggest providers in the world then we should get the best service and first class treatment .. Its not my fault you live in bf Egypt haha
    08-31-2013 03:10 PM
    You Americans really think your the only one in the world eh ?
    AT&T doesn't have an update available for now, like 3/4 of the world.

If you really want to update now open NCS and flash it yourslf. And we have an official GDR2 update thread here, no need to open new ones.
    AT&T was called the "Premier" Windows Phone carrier partner, but they don't act like it.
    08-31-2013 07:45 PM
    the 1020 has FM radio enabled, no data sense. Both the 1020 (which has almost identical hardware to the 920) currently has GDR2 + Amber PRE-INSTALLED So we know it works. The HTC 8x is also running GDR2+Amber now on At&t, which leaves the lonely 920 as the device on the network without it.

the HTC 8X is running gdr2 but amber is a Nokia only update.
    09-01-2013 12:30 AM
    my bad, you are right Amber is a Nokia creation.
    09-01-2013 01:02 AM
    Wooooooo September 2nd and still no update. Thanks AT&T! :)
    09-02-2013 11:58 AM
1,126 ... 678910 ...