Did AT&T forget about us?

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You Americans really think your the only one in the world eh ?
AT&T doesn't have an update available for now, like 3/4 of the world.

If you really want to update now open NCS and flash it yourslf. And we have an official GDR2 update thread here, no need to open new ones.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually I'm snickering that Verizon once again beat AT&T by getting the GDR2 update to their windows phone first. But we'll wait like the rest of the world does...

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
If AT&T sticks to their past M.O., then they're busy removing the features in the updates that we, as customers, really want. You know, things like Data Sense and Call and SMS Blocking, they'll take those out and offer them as a paid-for service under their name. They have already rolled out the updates for the HTC 8x though, and I believe they left those features in, so who knows?

It is a shame though that AT&T has rather poor support for their most heavily advertised phones. I'm sure that if you contact them, they'll give you some sort of BS line about 'fully testing the update'. I thought the OTA updates were supposed to eliminate the carrier interference?

If you really want to expedite the update, contact AT&T's Office of the President, they're the executive customer care advocates, they can get you the answers you're looking for. I've already emailed them today, waiting for them to respond.

Edward Woodward1

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
What is it with American AT&T users thinking they should have had the update by now, or should have had it before any one else?
There are many other Mobile Phone carriers around the globe who are still waiting for approval.

As people said above, if you want it that badly, flash it yourself, or stop complaining and wait, just like everyone else.

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
What is it with American AT&T users thinking they should have had the update by now, or should have had it before any one else?
There are many other Mobile Phone carriers around the globe who are still waiting for approval.

As people said above, if you want it that badly, flash it yourself, or stop complaining and wait, just like everyone else.

I'm not sure I understand how asking when we'll be receiving an update translates into stating "we" should "have it first."

I didn't know this was a competition.

Also, not everyone has the desire or ability to "flash it" themselves.

OP posted a legitimate question, if you can't provide a helpful answer, is it really necessary to be condescending?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OP posted a legitimate question, if you can't provide a helpful answer, is it really necessary to be condescending?

I think it might have something to do with the subject of the thread - "Did AT&T forget about us?" Or the creation of yet another "OMGWHEREISGDR2AHHHHHH!" thread. Or the posing of yet another question no one on WPC can answer unless they're also involved with the team at AT&T who releases the updates.

Jazmac said:
Where are the updates?

According to information linked in these forums a couple of days ago, Nokia has released the updates to AT&T and they are waiting for AT&T approval. I highly doubt AT&T has forgotten about us, but they have a responsibility to test the update as thoroughly as they can before they put their approval on it. It will be pushed out to your device as soon as they're done testing it.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
According to information linked in these forums a couple of days ago, Nokia has released the updates to AT&T and they are waiting for AT&T approval. I highly doubt AT&T has forgotten about us, but they have a responsibility to test the update as thoroughly as they can before they put their approval on it. It will be pushed out to your device as soon as they're done testing it.
< they have a responsibility to test the update as thoroughly as they can>
That literally brings tears to my eyes.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

The question may be legitimate, but the point stands:

Nokia have said their aim is for phones to be update before the end of September.

There is no need for every comment and forum thread to be filled with "Why haven't AT&T users got it yet?" and "when are AT&T users getting it" because the answer has already been provided.

In summary, it's a legitimate question. It has been answered, so stop asking for it.

At least until October, when it will be reasonable for one person to start one thread on it.

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The question may be legitimate, but the point stands:

Nokia have said their aim is for phones to be update before the end of September.

There is no need for every comment and forum thread to be filled with "Why haven't AT&T users got it yet?" and "when are AT&T users getting it" because the answer has already been provided.

In summary, it's a legitimate question. It has been answered, so stop asking for it.

At least until October, when it will be reasonable for one person to start one thread on it.

That's just as likely to happen as not making any inflammatory replies or remarks to the question. Case in point, see quoted text.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T 8X...Data Sense was taken out of the recent update by AT&T. It is not available. I doubt they will make it available for the Lumia line of phones. I flashed my 920 using the Rogers to French ROM method. Now running all intended upgrades like buttah. :)

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
making any invalid assumption is pointless til the end of Aug / Sept. If my EOL'd 810 got the update, so will my 920. Period. Just need to be patient you overly excited retards... LOL

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T 8X...Data Sense was taken out of the recent update by AT&T. It is not available. I doubt they will make it available for the Lumia line of phones. I flashed my 920 using the Rogers to French ROM method. Now running all intended upgrades like buttah. :)

I believe Data Sense is a Nokia offering, included with the Amber update, not a part of the GDR2 update. So if you're using an HTC phone, you wouldn't be getting that part of the update. You would have to see if HTC is going to offer something similar.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have said this before. When the lumia 920 was under exclusivity period with AT&T (6 months) they were delivering the updates fast and on time. Now that exclusivity period of that phone has become to an end they really don't care. Tha's what I have seen. Before there was a compromise between AT&T and Nokia, now for the 820 and 920 that compromise ended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb