Did AT&T forget about us?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Based on? Because what *I* have seen is that the given date for the GDR2 update is end-of-September.
That's what i have notice .If you want to wait cool, wait. I didn't wanted to wait and flashed my phone. Remember one thing they are the so called " premier carrier".They should be ahead of the game. One thing I can tell you is with my last week experience I have on my local AT&T store when I wanted to buy a 520 and they wanted to sign me up for a plan and didn't wanted to sell me the phone I'm done with carriers BS. From now on all my phones are going to be international versions. I really don't care about getting LTE. I'm tire of that BS , that's why today my AT&T 920 is running GDR2 with all features as it is meant to be.Features I'm pretty sure AT&T won't give to its customers. Especially keep dreaming about having data sense. As greedy AT&T is I'm sure customers won't be getting it. Again that's MY honest and humble opinion.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want to wait cool, wait. I didn't wanted to wait and flashed my phone.

That's not what I was asking; I was asking about what you'd seen that showed AT&T didn't care about the 920 now that the exclusivity period is over. If you haven't actually seen anything tangible and are basing it off a gut feeling, that's totally cool. I was just curious if you had any actual, verifiable information or not.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What is it with people from carriers other than AT&T caring so much about why we care when we get the update? :cool:

People get annoyed because AT&T customers in particular have developed a habit of moaning and groaning about stuff there is absolutely no reason to moan and groan about in every single possible place, multiple times.

This is at least the second thread dedicated to a question that was answered before the first thread was created.

It gets incredibly frustrating reading the same childish rubbish and not being able to avoid it if one wants simply to use a website.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That's just as likely to happen as not making any inflammatory replies or remarks to the question. Case in point, see quoted text.

The text you have elected to put in bold is not an inflammatory response, it is a factual answer to the question raised in the topic.

Nokia have said the date is before the end of September.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
That's not what I was asking; I was asking about what you'd seen that showed AT&T didn't care about the 920 now that the exclusivity period is over. If you haven't actually seen anything tangible and are basing it off a gut feeling, that's totally cool. I was just curious if you had any actual, verifiable information or not.
No , I don't have any tangible or confirmed info. I just said that when the 920 was in under exclusivity period they seem to care more because that exclusivity was a deal between Nokia and them. It was a contract.Now that it has ended they don't have to go by any exclusive contract or deal that they might have been in the past with Nokia. In other words they do whatever they want. That makes me think is the reason that they are not showing that much interest with the updates like they use to have at the beginning and during the period that exclusive deal was on.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The text you have elected to put in bold is not an inflammatory response, it is a factual answer to the question raised in the topic.

Nokia have said the date is before the end of September.
yeah Nokia said, but we are talking about AT&T here. Everybody knows AT&T has the update already. That's why AT&T customers get annoy. Nokia is not the problem in this case.

Last edited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
yeah Nokia said, but we are talking about AT&T here. Everybody knows AT&T has the update already.

I still fail to see why that is relevant. If Nokia has set the expectation to be "before the end of September" then people should cling to that, not their own impatience and a knee-jerk interpretation of how AT&T should manage the process..

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I still fail to see why that is relevant. If Nokia has set the expectation to be "before the end of September" then people should cling to that, not their own impatience and a knee-jerk interpretation of how AT&T should manage the process..
So, keep bending your knees to AT&T then. Like Nokia is doing. Did you see the 1020 keynote where at the end the reporters were given the opportunity to question the presenters. Remember the reporter that asked to Elop about AT&T doing nothing in favor of Windows phone. Then Elop took all the responsability and praised AT&T. So, I think like the reporter that AT&T is doing Sh#* about Windows Phone and the sad part is that there are people that blindly follow and defend them. They critisize isheeps but they act like them.Come to NY to my local AT&T store and you'll see what i'm talking about. The 1020 all the way in the back of the store and no promotion at all.... It seems that everyone here wants to be Ambassador or moderator of the Website given the way the fail to use their critical thinking skills and try to make others think the same way they think.........The title of the thread is Did AT&T forget about us? No,.... Did Nokia forget about us?

Then people keep saying Nokia said, Nokia said... Againnn we are talking about AT&T here. They have the update. Just release it.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So, keep bending your knees to AT&T then. Like Nokia is doing. Did you see the 1020 keynote where at the end the reporters were given the opportunity to question the presenters. Remember the reporter that asked to Elop about AT&T doing nothing in favor of Windows phone. Then Elop took all the responsability and praised AT&T. So, I think like the reporter that AT&T is doing Sh#* about Windows Phone and the sad part is that there are people that blindly follow and defend them. They critisize isheeps but they act like them.Come to NY to my local AT&T store and you'll see what i'm talking about. The 1020 all the way in the back of the store and no promotion at all.... It seems that everyone here wants to be Ambassador or moderator of the Website given the way the fail to use their critical thinking skills and try to make others think the same way they think.
I ssure did and it was awesome ...

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So, keep bending your knees to AT&T then. Like Nokia is doing. Did you see the 1020 keynote where at the end the reporters were given the opportunity to question the presenters. Remember the reporter that asked to Elop about AT&T doing nothing in favor of Windows phone. Then Elop took all the responsability and praised AT&T. So, I think like the reporter that AT&T is doing Sh#* about Windows Phone and the sad part is that there are people that blindly follow and defend them. They critisize isheeps but they act like them.Come to NY to my local AT&T store and you'll see what i'm talking about. The 1020 all the way in the back of the store and no promotion at all.... It seems that everyone here wants to be Ambassador or moderator of the Website given the way the fail to use their critical thinking skills and try to make others think the same way they think.........The title of the thread is Did AT&T forget about us? No,.... Did Nokia forget about us?

Then people keep saying Nokia said, Nokia said... Againnn we are talking about AT&T here. They have the update. Just release it.

My local AT&T store has the 1020 right next to the Galaxy S4. That has to be the most prime spot in the store.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
given the way the fail to use their critical thinking skills and try to make others think the same way they think

Funny that you should mention critical thinking when you can't bring forth a shred of evidence to back up your claim. I asked you to back your claim; you can't. You just want to rage against AT&T.

I'm an AT&T subscriber; I can tell you that there are plenty of things to rage about. The timeliness of the GDR2 update is not one of them. It's been reported for either the end of August or September, neither of which have yet come and gone.

When that happens, when August and September come and go and we have no GDR2 on our AT&T WP8 devices, then I will join you raging at AT&T for it. Until then, take a chill pill and be patient, you've got no grounds to rage about GDR2 right now.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
"My local AT&T store has the 1020 right next to the Galaxy S4. That has to be the most prime spot in the store. "

in which the 1020 has Amber and GDR2 pre-installed on a device that is hardware wise identical to the 920 with the exception of the camera, 1 gig more memory and amoled screen. Nothing that would interfere with AT&T's network. My frustration comes in this form. There is NO reason why AT&T should hold up the release of GDR2+amber if they KNOW it works on there network and has been approved ALREADY for sale with the 1020.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm also a AT&T subscriber, this slow release of a major update, that everyone is looking forward to receive doesn't not surprise me one bit. They have poor customer support and poor attitude as a company, but they do have individuals that are great, BUT they can only help you within the policies the company has established. Get on their website and try to find out the cost of service, you have to put a phone, what plan you want, and all the add on's in the cart, then you have to go clear to check to get a estimate of your bill and that even varies from location to location. And if your trying to find any details on anything, you're out of luck it's like trying to nail jello to the wall. I really doubt if AT&T customers will get the FM Radio because that's a already a paid add on service on AT&T.

I wonder how these people that say we're impatient would think, if say Microsoft was releasing a major service pack update and it was up to their ISP when you could receive the SP update that was released for your country or location.

And my local AT&T Store did not have one positive thing to say about the Nokia 920, when I was thinking about buying. All the good and bad came from websites on the internet, if asked any questions it was I don't know or that that app is really buggy on Windows phone, if wasn't a iphone is wasn't any good.

Last edited:

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Funny that you should mention critical thinking when you can't bring forth a shred of evidence to back up your claim. I asked you to back your claim; you can't. You just want to rage against AT&T.

I'm an AT&T subscriber; I can tell you that there are plenty of things to rage about. The timeliness of the GDR2 update is not one of them. It's been reported for either the end of August or September, neither of which have yet come and gone.

When that happens, when August and September come and go and we have no GDR2 on our AT&T WP8 devices, then I will join you raging at AT&T for it. Until then, take a chill pill and be patient, you've got no grounds to rage about GDR2 right now.

Would you at least be willing to rage about Nokia announcing amber 3 months ago, and just now start rolling it out?

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Rage against AT&T machine? OK! :)

Hey, this isn't "premier carrier" behavior when every non-AT&T Lumia in America has the update available. My friends in Australia had it in on their 920 1st. What could big ole Bell be testing that every other GSM carrier didn't? Sometimes the "what is" suspicions and accusations are brought on by the "what isn't" realities. AT&T has nothing but silence and "no news". Have THEY even publicly stated that they are testing?

PerseusPrime

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
ATT Engineers are busy testing GDR3 for Nokia's Phablet launch in September. They have a finite amount of resources. Once they are done with GDR3, they will move on to GDR2.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
data sense is part of gdr2. i recieved it on my ativ s when it was updated.(samsung ativ s-carrier unlocked from rogers-running on straight talk on at&t towers)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel