Did AT&T forget about us?

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I get that they want to resolve bugs, but if that was the case, how have all other US carriers rolled out the update? Did they just roll it out with the bugs?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
All I have to say at this point is yes, I want the update and I wanted it weeks ago. But I don't want an issue that came with a previous update which caused Data to only work half of the time. That one came from Nokia...

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I get that they want to resolve bugs, but if that was the case, how have all other US carriers rolled out the update? Did they just roll it out with the bugs?

Probably because the other carriers aren't removing Data Sense and telling you that you can pay $10 a month for their service instead, which will do the same thing but isn't quite as good.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Probably because the other carriers aren't removing Data Sense and telling you that you can pay $10 a month for their service instead, which will do the same thing but isn't quite as good.

Correct, plus the FM Radio remember AT&T Radio is another paid for add on they will lose those dollars as well.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Correct, plus the FM Radio remember AT&T Radio is another paid for add on they will lose those dollars as well.

the 1020 has FM radio enabled, no data sense. Both the 1020 (which has almost identical hardware to the 920) currently has GDR2 + Amber PRE-INSTALLED So we know it works. The HTC 8x is also running GDR2+Amber now on At&t, which leaves the lonely 920 as the device on the network without it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why AT&T is involved in the update of the WP platform and Nokia firmware?

Do they do this with the iPhone? As far as I remember, whenever apple said it was going to come out, I was able to do my update. No waiting for AT&T to do their testing.

Why are they so involved in testing the WP update?

Carriers are involved in iPhone updates. Apple gives them the update prior to release with a strict timeline of when to have it ready to go. At least that's how I've heard it works. I wish WP & Android would do it that way. But it is simpler with iPhones because they don't have a plethora of OEMs involved.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I forgot about Att Radio... I was wondering why they'd remove the radio... ATT's certainly not trying to retain customers, that's for sure!

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I forgot about Att Radio... I was wondering why they'd remove the radio... ATT's certainly not trying to retain customers, that's for sure!

Except that it WILL have the FM radio enabled, The 1020 (which runs GDR2+Amber pre-installed) has it enabled.

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
American att users feel that if att is one of the biggest providers in the world then we should get the best service and first class treatment .. Its not my fault you live in bf Egypt haha

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
You Americans really think your the only one in the world eh ?
AT&T doesn't have an update available for now, like 3/4 of the world.

If you really want to update now open NCS and flash it yourslf. And we have an official GDR2 update thread here, no need to open new ones.
AT&T was called the "Premier" Windows Phone carrier partner, but they don't act like it.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
the 1020 has FM radio enabled, no data sense. Both the 1020 (which has almost identical hardware to the 920) currently has GDR2 + Amber PRE-INSTALLED So we know it works. The HTC 8x is also running GDR2+Amber now on At&t, which leaves the lonely 920 as the device on the network without it.

the HTC 8X is running gdr2 but amber is a Nokia only update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro