Did AT&T forget about us?

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
You have convinced me, i wont be in line. Ok, yes i will. I get a 920 and an iphone 5 as hand-me downs after these purchases. The things we do for family.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
You have convinced me, i wont be in line. Ok, yes i will. I get a 920 and an iphone 5 as hand-me downs after these purchases. The things we do for family.

Well, that's totally different ;-) Doing things for family is a gotta! And getting two just near top line devices is great!!

:smile:

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, that's totally different ;-) Doing things for family is a gotta! And getting two just near top line devices is great!!
And there lies the problem, i can only keep one. The other has to be sold to pay for one of the 5s's. I know the obvious answer of which one to keep.
:smile:

Lenin17301

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, we're nearly halfway thru September and nothing, about the only good thing of AT&T not releasing the update this month is seeing what excuse their apologists are gonna come up with on October.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
You guys let this thread get to the second page!? Shame on you! What if ATT comes visiting through forums.wpcentral looking for feedback :p

That's funny. I was looking for the thread this morning and noticed it near the bottom and almost bumped it, lol.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone's given up. Most of us are probably wondering why we stay with AT&T. There's only so much that can be said in the face of total silence from AT&T.

If I had to guess, AT&T is currently 100% invested in the launch of the new iPhones. Management has mandated that everyone get on that cash cow and employees are only happy to comply, excited to get their grimy mitts on an iPhone of their own. Sadly, Microsoft has no clout whatsoever in this relationship so there's nothing they can do to prod AT&T.

Once those iPhones have both launched, some low level sap will be given the go ahead to approve GDR2. And the approval process will probably take all of 15 minutes.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Been having this conversation on Twitter with them the past few days. It's a joke.

Got this response the other day. Scrolled through their recent tweets and saw the same exact tweet numerous times.

@CLabelle85 OS are tricky, and require a ton of coordination with manufacturers. As soon as we have news, we’ll let folks know. ^ToshM

So I tweeted this at them.

@ATTCustomerCare HOW ABOUT ONE OF YOU REPS GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR ONCE AND GET US A REAL, UNSCRIPTED ANSWER ABOUT GDR2!? JUST ONCE!!!!!!!!!

As well as this.

@ATTCustomerCare Funny how its already running on devices you are selling, AKA the 1020. How come Verizon can roll it out so fast?

Got this in response.

@CLabelle85 We are aware of the need of this update. We are really working hard to make this update available. ^ToshM

I responded with this.

@ATTCustomerCare How are you "working hard" exactly? What problem is there? Why can't we have a real meaningful, helpful answer?

Got this back. LOL

@CLabelle85 Thank you for your response. Once more info is available you will be notified. PSave this link: Wireless Network News on 4GLTE and Wireless Network Coverage |AT&T . ^ToshM

Response from me.

@ATTCustomerCare You're kidding me right? A scripted answer for everything? Thank you for doing nothing to inform the customer.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
They're not going to be able to provide non-scripted answer. You have to talk to a manager. and then that manager's manager, and that person's manager until you get to a high enough level where that person can go off script without being terminated...

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It's been almost a month now, see how much AT&t values their customers. And most of the time when I check for the update I get the Error message, We are unable to check for updates. (80072ee2) a lot of people must be hammering the update server, wonder how bad it will be when they finally release it. And I'll bet it will be full of bugs and faults as well, I think they're just sitting on it now, not wanting to deal with all the bugs after its release.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Was speaking with AT&T warranty earlier today about an issue with my Lumia 920, and one of the things the rep asked was if I was running the newest firmware available. I stated "YES" to her and read back the firmware version. I mentioned to her that there is a newer update available for non-AT&T Lumia 920s and I (along with thousands of others) are waiting for it.

She stated to me that she knows I am referring to Amber update and the only thing she could tell me is that they are currently "testing" the Amber update and did not have a date as to when AT&T might release it to us.

I hope AT&T does not decide to pass on this one and just wait for Bittersweet Shimmer instead (which is not slated for release for some time apparently). Give us Amber already!!!

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Was speaking with AT&T warranty earlier today about an issue with my Lumia 920, and one of the things the rep asked was if I was running the newest firmware available. I stated "YES" to her and read back the firmware version. I mentioned to her that there is a newer update available for non-AT&T Lumia 920s and I (along with thousands of others) are waiting for it.

She stated to me that she knows I am referring to Amber update and the only thing she could tell me is that they are currently "testing" the Amber update and did not have a date as to when AT&T might release it to us.

I hope AT&T does not decide to pass on this one and just wait for Bittersweet Shimmer instead (which is not slated for release for some time apparently). Give us Amber already!!!

Someone tell her there is a GDR2 update also. When will they start on that? Will they wait till they are througn crippling Amber?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Probably going to wait for GDR3.

Why would they release gdr2 for HTC 8x and pass on Nokia phones?

Honestly, if they came out and said they're skipping gdr 2 and will release gdr3 in a couple of months, I'd be ok with it. Didn't someone here mention something about carriers being allowed to skip one update but not the next? I'd rather skip this one and get it plus more features in a couple of months vs. Getting Amber now and being left out on gdr3.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I read a lot of hate towards AT&T now but as soon as they release Amber, everybody will write: "DOWNLOADING AMBER NOW! I LOVE YOU AT&T" .

Just don't forget what they did to you, unlock your phone and switch carrier. The only way you can make them suffer is by losing their customers ...

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I read a lot of hate towards AT&T now but as soon as they release Amber, everybody will write: "DOWNLOADING AMBER NOW! I LOVE YOU AT&T" .

Just don't forget what they did to you, unlock your phone and switch carrier. The only way you can make them suffer is by losing their customers ...

Not much point in switching here in the US, cause your trading one bad carrier for another. Verizon may well be the slow one rolling out gdr3 next time.

The solution is to remove the carrier from the update process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs