Did AT&T forget about us?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
"Me: It was definitely put in by Nokia, so AT&T is taking it out?

Karen Lewis: There is various enhancements being in place. I do not have a list of what they are. Regretfully, we will need to await for the update to know exactly what it will include

Me: That's disappointing. That kind of means I'm paying for an incomplete service. I mean, the coverage is great with AT&T, but it's kind of lame that I (and many other people) are waiting longer and will be receiving fewer features.

Karen Lewis: My apologies.

Karen Lewis: We are working on the latest Windows Phone 8 software update called GDR2 for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 that includes Nokia's Amber upgrades. In an effort to provide our customers with the best upgrade experience possible, all software updates go through rigorous testing before they are released. We will release the update as soon as testing is complete and hope to have more information to share with you on timing in the near future. We appreciate your patience"

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh shut up it has been over a month since this update started being pushed. We are the last Nokia owners to get the update and it really sucks and what is worse is ATT is not even telling us why it is delayed. We deserve at least proper communication, we are paying customers

Karen Lewis: We are working on the latest Windows Phone 8 software update called GDR2 for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 that includes Nokia's Amber upgrades. In an effort to provide our customers with the best upgrade experience possible, all software updates go through rigorous testing before they are released. We will release the update as soon as testing is complete and hope to have more information to share with you on timing in the near future. We appreciate your patience" Sounds like proper communication to me.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Karen Lewis: We are working on the latest Windows Phone 8 software update called GDR2 for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 that includes Nokia's Amber upgrades. In an effort to provide our customers with the best upgrade experience possible, all software updates go through rigorous testing before they are released. We will release the update as soon as testing is complete and hope to have more information to share with you on timing in the near future. We appreciate your patience" Sounds like proper communication to me.
Sounds like BS to me. Why? Because today is 24. If they are still going thru testing, it is just not going to happen. I think.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
its a BS canned response......i got that same exact response like two weeks ago.....

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It's a copy/pasted script the customer service reps have to use. It seems like AT&T wants us to be in the dark because I don't think they even know what they are doing.

highercal

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I think we should change the name of this thread to "Why did AT&T forget about us?". Anyhow, I just spoke to their CS and they said basically the samething they told everyone on this thread. As of 9/17 there are no updates and its being tested. It really sucks but this is my final straw with Windows Mobile. Its unbelievable. I have never been so dissatisfied and frustrated with a phone. Sure the camera is nice and so is the wireless charging but the practicality is not. I'm tired of having to use 3rd party apps that constantly crash. I wish Windows Mobile had more support :( is that so much to ask for?

Last edited:

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I sent Tweets to Joe, AT&T and Nokia USA today. Did my part. It's pretty embarrassing because it's been over a month since the update was released for testing. It can't take that long.

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Most people in this thread seem to think they won't like the ATT version anyway. Are they not better served if they go the flash another version route or is this a thread with no tech-savvy people in it?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Most people in this thread seem to think they won't like the ATT version anyway. Are they not better served if they go the flash another version route or is this a thread with no tech-savvy people in it?

I've thought about it. But some people reported having problems and others haven't. Plus that thing about not getting prompted to restore your backup and having to do it manually. If we don't get it by the 30th I just might. I'm on my second replacement anyway might as well go for the third.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I tried, but I actually don't have the 920. I have the 820. I only post here because it's the main thread this fiasco. :(

lylone

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am tech-savvy, but I haven't switched my ROM either because my device is still under warranty and I have been burned before by ATT's refurbs.
After the warranty is up though...all bets are off!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have flashed my AT&T 920 to the Rogers GDR2 ROM and the phone has been running very very stable. It also came with all the missing goodies (unbranded+Data Sense) and battery life has been great, actually better than my Rogers L920.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Under about, there is a radio software version. I was always under the impression that this was optimized specifically per carrier. I would imagine if you switched to a canadian rom or something, it'd change your radio version and you might not get optimal performance on ATT.

I could be completely wrong about this. Anyone have any insight?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed my AT&T 920 to the Rogers GDR2 ROM and the phone has been running very very stable. It also came with all the missing goodies (unbranded+Data Sense) and battery life has been great, actually better than my Rogers L920.
Which instruction set did you use, and how is it working on ATT?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234