Did AT&T forget about us?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Under about, there is a radio software version. I was always under the impression that this was optimized specifically per carrier. I would imagine if you switched to a canadian rom or something, it'd change your radio version and you might not get optimal performance on ATT.

I could be completely wrong about this. Anyone have any insight?

Some people have reported that to be true. Not so much that the different radio setting completely bricks their phone, but they notice it's not picking up signals as well as it used to.

I once accidentally flashed a GSM rom on a CDMA phone, and it was painful resetting it.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed my AT&T 920 to the Rogers GDR2 ROM and the phone has been running very very stable. It also came with all the missing goodies (unbranded+Data Sense) and battery life has been great, actually better than my Rogers L920.

You having any trouble tethering? I did the Spanish keyboard trick to get it work after the ROM install and it worked great. Then, I traveled out of state and now it gives me the call AT&T message again. Still have Spanish keyboard installed.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Which instruction set did you use, and how is it working on ATT?

Not sure what that means?

You having any trouble tethering? I did the Spanish keyboard trick to get it work after the ROM install and it worked great. Then, I traveled out of state and now it gives me the call AT&T message again. Still have Spanish keyboard installed.

I am on T-Mobile and yes its broken on my Roger's 920 w/ GDR2, will check the AT&T phone when I get back home

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

That is the reason I've never flashed my phone, the camera and using it to tether are what I really like with this phone. Using it as a wireless hot spot works great, my wife's iPhone will tether but not as seamlessly and without interruptions as my 920.

james05gt

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, I have a 920.3 developer edition using it on tmobile usa for about a week and a half now. I'm still on portico, now for the gdr2/amber update am I on the same boat with you guys? waiting for updates from at&t? I've read that the dev kits are not carrier dependent on updates but I haven't seen any updates on my phone when I do a manual update check. Now when I use NCS and check for updates, there's definitely a new software version, 3047.0000.1326.2001 RM-820 ATT Developer Device. I've read the guides on how to manually do a flash but I'm wondering if my dev phone will get an ota or not.

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So here is what's really going on. During some of the GDR2+Amber roll outs on other 920 carriers there have been some issues. Nokia put a freeze on the update and is making corrections. This corrected release should receive technical acceptance by 10/7 and be out to everyone by 10/21. I know it sucks as I'm waiting on this update as much as anyone but at least we now know what's going on. I just wish Nokia or AT&T would have made a public statement instead of me having to go through my contacts at both.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So here is what's really going on. During some of the GDR2+Amber roll outs on other 920 carriers there have been some issues. Nokia put a freeze on the update and is making corrections. This corrected release should receive technical acceptance by 10/7 and be out to everyone by 10/21. I know it sucks as I'm waiting on this update as much as anyone but at least we now know what's going on. I just wish Nokia or AT&T would have made a public statement instead of me having to go through my contacts at both.

What's the source on this?

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

I don't know what your sources are, but clearly the rollout isn't frozen. Loads of people are still having GDR2 pushed to them. The only device that had issues with GDR2 was the HTC 8X, and they didn't bother to stop pushing it.

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What's the source on this?

My Nokia rep and you can bank on this being correct.

I don't know what your sources are, but clearly the rollout isn't frozen. Loads of people are still having GDR2 pushed to them. The only device that had issues with GDR2 was the HTC 8X, and they didn't bother to stop pushing it.

I asked about this today while discussing other matters with Nokia. I was told this because we currently have 920 devices enrolled in a Windows Phone BYOD pilot program at my company. The biggest complaint from users was not being able to listen to voice mail wav file attachments in emails from our Cisco phone system. GDR2 fixes this issue. I'm not sure why they're isn't an official public response.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, I have a 920.3 developer edition using it on tmobile usa for about a week and a half now. I'm still on portico, now for the gdr2/amber update am I on the same boat with you guys? waiting for updates from at&t? I've read that the dev kits are not carrier dependent on updates but I haven't seen any updates on my phone when I do a manual update check. Now when I use NCS and check for updates, there's definitely a new software version, 3047.0000.1326.2001 RM-820 ATT Developer Device. I've read the guides on how to manually do a flash but I'm wondering if my dev phone will get an ota or not.

The developer device is unbranded, use NSU to update

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Man...we're always asking for a date for our updates, and seems like every time we get an answer, it ends up being later and later. AHHH!!!!!!!

highercal

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Derrick Rose is going to return to the NBA before I get GDR2 / Amber update. FML. :-|. I hope ATT honors my complaint on my phone and releases me from my contract. After talking to the ATT CS Rep, it seems that everyone is unhappy with Windows Mobile and the Lumia 920.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

No going to put any thing into this one as Nokia just released GDR2+Amber for other handsets today.
Nokia Lumia 720 and 520 getting Amber update across India | Windows Phone Central

Obviously the update is not frozen.

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Derrick Rose is going to return to the NBA before I get GDR2 / Amber update. FML. :-|. I hope ATT honors my complaint on my phone and releases me from my contract. After talking to the ATT CS Rep, it seems that everyone is unhappy with Windows Mobile and the Lumia 920.

I don't know anyone that is unhappy with their Lumia 920. Windows Mobile isn't relevant, since it has been discontinued since 2010. If you were talking about Windows Phone (the operating system on the Lumia 920, among others), it doesn't seem very disliked. The frustration in this thread has nothing to do with disliking the device or OS - it is solely frustration with AT&T dragging their feet.

Anyway, AT&T representatives don't seem to have any clue what they're talking about at any point. I attempted to ask one if AT&T so much as planned on ever releasing GDR2/Amber, and they responded by saying "we pushed a new update on September 13. Firmware version 1232." The firmware the representative was referring to was the initial release firmware for the Lumia 920.

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
. After talking to the ATT CS Rep, it seems that everyone is unhappy with Windows Mobile and the Lumia 920.

Reps are not going to have a clue about how people like or dislike WP (assuming that's what you meant) most of time anyway. most of them see their jobs as getting you into the new iPhone or Android. Realize also they usually only hear the negative reactions and not the satisfied customers. I love my Lumia 920 and the Windows Phone platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo