Did AT&T forget about us?

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Jim Gallagher‏ @gallagjh
@joebelfiore @thurrott @maryjofoley ATT can release an iOS 7 & 7.0.2 update
the week after, and can't get the GDR2 / Amber Update, come on!

Mary Jo Foley‏ @maryjofoley
@gallagjh yep. that's what happens, sadly, when a company has 3% share. no
leverage to pressure carriers. not much user outcry

Jim Gallagher‏ @gallagjh
@joebelfiore @thurrott @maryjofoley I do understand that, but makes me feel
screwed over I guess

Mary Jo Foley‏ @maryjofoley
@gallagjh yep. we are the chickens. or the eggs. or something

joshredraider

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It is September 27,and AT&T still has not released the Amber update. This isn't news to anybody waiting for the update, but I want to state the facts. Nokia released a statement that all Lumia handsets would receive the update by September 30th, which gives big blue 3 more days to release the update before stated timeframe expires. It also give Nokia 3 days to address any possible issues with the update that might delay the release further. At this point, I continue to hold out hope that one or the other occurs.

However, if neither the update is released by AT&T, nor another public statement is issued by Nokia regarding delays by the 30th of September, you will start to see posts on every public forum and social media available slamming BOTH companies for not supporting their customers.

These are the facts.

If anyone from Nokia or AT&T cares to respond, consider this a formal request.

Sincerely,

A loyal customer and supporter of Nokia and Windows Phone since day one.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia unofficial reply: Yeah, we hate AT&T as much as you. I mean we give them 2 months to look at this and they can even get their finger out and switch on the phone. Jerks.

Official Nokia reply: We're working diligently with all partners to ensure that customers receive the best experience possible. Watch this space.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better (which I don't think it will), yes the majority of people have the update, but there are still some 920 phones in Europe where the update is still not available. But with AT&T having the exclusive 920 in the US, this is unacceptable how long you have been waiting. There is a chance you'll get it within the next few days, before the end of september, if they are anything like EE are here in the UK. There was no sign of it coming, it was listed as 'Waiting for approval' and they even said they were still working out problems with Microsoft/Nokia, then the next day, bam, it was available, completely out of the blue. At the end of the day, when you have spent a large amount of money on a phone and the contract over x months, you expect to receive some kind of support and service and this simply falls short. In my opinion, you should at least get a statement from AT&T as to what's going on, especially if you don't receive it by the end of this month.

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if Nokia's statement that ALL Lumia devices will have the update by Sept 30, is any sort of threat to ATT if they dont get it out by the 30th?? One would hope it is but I assume it likely isnt

TEEBEEWEEBEE

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I updated my AT&T phone to the French ROM. Can't live without Data Sense. It actually works better than ever before. Love my phone and can't stand IOS and Droid but my next phone may be one if Microsoft doesn't man up in the next year.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated my AT&T phone to the French ROM. Can't live without Data Sense. It actually works better than ever before. Love my phone and can't stand IOS and Droid but my next phone may be one if Microsoft doesn't man up in the next year.

I loaded my AT&T 920 with a Rogers ROM but I'm having tethering problems. Might try the French ROM next or a developers ROM. Anyone load a ROM on their AT&T 920 in the USA and have everything, including tethering, working?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

same, i practically voided my warranty day 2 because I couldn't resist Data Sense on my dinky 300 MB plan

and GDR2, i dont know how I would work without Glance, it spoiled me heh

I loaded my AT&T 920 with a Rogers ROM but I'm having tethering problems. Might try the French ROM next or a developers ROM. Anyone load a ROM on their AT&T 920 in the USA and have everything, including tethering, working?

If you stopped at Rogers, doesn't that mean your 920 is now Rogers branded?
Go with the French ROM as the directions in the thread says.

I loaded as the instructions instructed, the Rogers ROM, then the French 821 ROM, after setting up and stuff, I think tethering works, it enables and allows options and whatnot, but haven't actually tested it (300 MB plan). No problems detected otherwise.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
same, i practically voided my warranty day 2 because I couldn't resist Data Sense on my dinky 300 MB plan

and GDR2, i dont know how I would work without Glance, it spoiled me heh

If you stopped at Rogers, doesn't that mean your 920 is now Rogers branded?
Go with the French ROM as the directions in the thread says.

I loaded as the instructions instructed, the Rogers ROM, then the French 821 ROM, after setting up and stuff, I think tethering works, it enables and allows options and whatnot, but haven't actually tested it (300 MB plan). No problems detected otherwise.
I started with the French developers ROM but read the Rogers ROM was final release and more stable. My data speeds are faster with the Rogers but I can't live without tethering.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I started with the French developers ROM but read the Rogers ROM was final release and more stable. My data speeds are faster with the Rogers but I can't live without tethering.

Peacock. thought you had it working on the Rogers ROM with Amber but when traveled you switched LTE in access point and that hosed tethering. In principle it should work on the Rogers rom. To get this back you would have to hard reset though. After reset, install Nokia access point, enable LTE2 and never touch it again. then do the spanish keyboard trick to get rid of the 611 call notification and get tethering. I know - it's a pita.

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
The story with the AT&T rep is pretty hilarious, but I feel the same way, supposedly the Amber update should becoming around the end of the month or start of October, but I for one am getting impatient haha

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Peacock. thought you had it working on the Rogers ROM with Amber but when traveled you switched LTE in access point and that hosed tethering. In principle it should work on the Rogers rom. To get this back you would have to hard reset though. After reset, install Nokia access point, enable LTE2 and never touch it again. then do the spanish keyboard trick to get rid of the 611 call notification and get tethering. I know - it's a pita.

I've done that twice. It always says I don't have an internet connection to share even though IE and the store work fine. Also I discovered that I could not send or receive pics via text. If I switch to the other AT&T LTE in Access Point tethering will work 1 time and then give me the Call 611 message but MMS works fine. Switching back to the other AT&T LTE does no good. On the EU 821 ROM everything works but my data speeds are a little slower. Maybe if AT&T launches GDR2 I try to load it if I can otherwise I'll just wait for my new 1520 in November.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
T Minus 3 days and counting. Either they release it or the transition to Verizon begins...

They actually have 1 day. Most companies are not doing work on the weekends. They have until end of day Monday or they make Nokia look like fools for saying that everyone should have the GDR2+Amber update by the end of sep.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I think they're working up to skipping gdr2 fellas. Again, that's ok if we're going to get gdr3 instead. This is assuming the rumor about carriers being allowed to skip one but not the next....

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I think they're working up to skipping gdr2 fellas. Again, that's ok if we're going to get gdr3 instead. This is assuming the rumor about carriers being allowed to skip one but not the next....

And how long would they keep customers waiting for GDR3? There has been no announcement on this. Very frustrating.

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
They're not skipping GDR2. We'll get it in October and GDR3 in late November. So much speculation on this site. Two of us have told you all exactly what's going down straight from Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb