Did AT&T forget about us?

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Not all true, looking at the NA availability list, Availability in North America - Nokia, Rogers 920 available while 520 coming soon, verizon 822 available, t-Mobile 521 810 all available.

I am on an unlocked att lumia 920 on T-mobile or T-mobile MVNO, have waited all September, right now downloading and probably will try juan6996's method to update. hopefully will continue to receive OTA update much sooner that way.
Im not sure on the other models but that definately the case with ATT dragging their feet.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Where is Iamtim now, it been a while since the last time he was arguing with me because he like AT&T and was praising it. So Tim let me tell you today is September 30 and [h=1]Did AT&T forget about us? Yes they apparently did, thank God I flashed my phone since the flashing method came out. Now you see by yourself I wasn't talking $&@ about AT&T, that's their behavior to suck as much as they can of the client. I'm not happy about the clients not getting the update , I'm happy because you didn't get the update like you never get the point when I replied to your comments.[/h]

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Where is Iamtim now, it been a while since the last time he was arguing with me because he like AT&T and was praising it. So Tim let me tell you today is September 30 and [h=1]Did AT&T forget about us? Yes they apparently did, thank God I flashed my phone since the flashing method came out. Now you see by yourself I wasn't talking $&@ about AT&T, that's their behavior to suck as much as they can of the client. I'm not happy about the clients not getting the update , I'm happy because you didn't get the update like you never get the point when I replied to your comments.[/h]

Yes, where is the finger boy now?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the people at att directly responsible for approving the update seriously need to go into the witness protection program at this point. serious harm may come of them.

ae86takumi

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
At this Point which rom is the best for ATT users? The French rom ( which debrands the 920) or Rogers rom? Since ATT is going to strip glance and data sense from their rom, might as well flash another rom.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
At this Point which rom is the best for ATT users? The French rom ( which debrands the 920) or Rogers rom? Since ATT is going to strip glance and data sense from their rom, might as well flash another rom.

from what I have read, the French rom allows tethering even on a plan with no tethering. I personally decided to stay with a rom that was made for devices with the same bands. Eg. ours is a rm-820 and therefore I used the Rogers. I have the hypothesis that flashing back to a future att amber/gdr2 rom will be easier if the phone is on rm-820.
Otherwise there should be no difference. People say they have the same speeds on the French rom. I have no issues on the Rogers rom. Interestingly when I flashed my l920 with the latest Rogers Amber/gdr2 rom, I have no boot logo, other than Nokia and wp8

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha, IamTim!!!! Come back! You promised you with rage with us after Sept. 30th! :)

And I am raging, this is no longer acceptable Keep an eye on my Twitter (also @iamtim), I've been hitting up @ATTCustomerCare and @ATT almost every other day for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday I posted this:

@ATTCustomerCare @ATT You are dangerously close to losing many long standing customers over #Lumia920 #GDR2/Amber. Give us a date already.

I didn't get a reply (which isn't shocking, they stopped replying to me a week or so ago). However, today I posted this:

Not only is @ATT screwing their #Lumia920 customers over #GDR2/Amber, but @ATTCustomerCare stopped replying to tweets about it. Not good.

And this:

@NokiaUS @Microsoft Can't you put pressure on @ATT over the #GDR2/Amber #Lumia920 update? How is their delay acceptable to either of you?

AT&T actually replied to that one. They said:

@iamtim We are in the final stages of testing and expect the update to be available in the coming weeks. Please stay tuned, Tim.

To which I replied:

@ATT That's no better than the "we're working on it" we've been getting. How about an actual ETA or a reply of substance?

We'll see if they reply to that one. Probably not. The coming and going of the iOS 7 update really cheesed me off... EVERY iPhone user got iOS 7 on the day promised by Apple, yet it takes AT&T months to push out a WP update to a fraction of the users? Nah, that's bullsh*t.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

They're not going to strip Glance from it. Just Data Sense... If the at&t 920 users get it at all.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the point in Glance on the 920 if the whole screen has to be lit up to see the clock. Sounds like a battery killer too me. AMOLED may not be better at color reproduction, but it seems to be a better technology for mobile phones.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the point in Glance on the 920 if the whole screen has to be lit up to see the clock. Sounds like a battery killer too me. AMOLED may not be better at color reproduction, but it seems to be a better technology for mobile phones.

Well if you use Peek, i doubt it would be THAT bad on your battery life. Basically it'd be off whenever it's in your pocket, and would only light up when you pull it out, and then it would time out after 15 seconds or so. And i'm pretty sure they use a brightness level that's below the standard "low" so i don't think it'll affect battery life much

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Well if you use Peek, i doubt it would be THAT bad on your battery life. Basically it'd be off whenever it's in your pocket, and would only light up when you pull it out, and then it would time out after 15 seconds or so. And i'm pretty sure they use a brightness level that's below the standard "low" so i don't think it'll affect battery life much

I have a 920 unlocked on T-Mobile. I left glance on my entire 8 hour shift, on my desk, being on edge at the office I usually only drop 20% for an entire shift and I left yesterday at 68%, so an extra 12%, keep in mind when its in your pocket, glance shuts off though

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
bought a First Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 920 from US At&t without knowing that at&t is a piece of **** and waited almost 3 months until they release unlock codes to unlock the phone,,finally they released it and now..i am waiting for amber+GDR2.... and i will wait until 2nd Q of 2014 for GDR3...
PS: i am not from US.
1376546_10201856638448438_1551743386_n.jpg

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
bought a First Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 920 from US At&t without knowing that at&t is a piece of **** and waited almost 3 months until they release unlock codes to unlock the phone,,finally they released it and now..i am waiting for amber+GDR2.... and i will wait until 2nd Q of 2014 for GDR3...
PS: i am not from US.
View attachment 44812

No offense, but why would you buy an 920 AT&T for use outside the US.

shawn in space

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys. I have some news. Received this a couple of minutes ago via email:

Hello Shawn,

I have been getting the updated information from the relevant teams here and we are working hard with AT&T and the teams to bring this to consumers as fast as possible.

The current target date for availability is mid October and all teams are lined up to achieve this.

Regards and thanks for your continued support,

Matt Rothschild
Nokia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss