Did AT&T forget about us?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have what may be a stupid question. Is there a way to update the phone through the computer? I've been having problems with my phone connecting to the wifi where I live (I can't change any of the settings, it isn't my router), so I can download it over the air. Is there a way to do it on Windows 8 or is this only an OTA update?
You can flash it via Nokia Care Suite (NCS) after you downloaded the rom from the Nokia server via NCS. However, doing this will erase all your data and you start from a fresh rom installation. An update over the PC is not possible. I recommend finding another WiFi source to which your phone connects.

Corey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You can flash it via Nokia Care Suite (NCS) after you downloaded the rom from the Nokia server via NCS. However, doing this will erase all your data and you start from a fresh rom installation. An update over the PC is not possible. I recommend finding another WiFi source to which your phone connects.
Well that just sucks. Kind of a bummer that I've got to hunt down a wifi connection now. Thank you for the quick response though.

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Nokia/MS should clearly state this somewhere that update finish time depends on how much data (apps, music etc) you have on your device!! Lesser data faster update...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
OH OH, I can't believe it. its goin' down..

rk5zm8.jpg

lorenzattractor

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was really looking forward for those Xbox Music improvements, but it's exactly like it was before or worse. Still getting errors, songs don't flow without a hiccup and the app takes a while to open. Meh.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It's the "call+SMS filter" in settings->system. You can add numbers to it by going to your call history and press then hold for 2 seconds on one of those caller/number and pick "block number..."

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was really looking forward for those Xbox Music improvements, but it's exactly like it was before or worse. Still getting errors, songs don't flow without a hiccup and the app takes a while to open. Meh.
I don't see any difference in Xbox music either.. Of course I use Nokia music anyway. I like it a lot better.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic update. Glad ATT finally got this out despite the 10 day delay. All 4 of our 920's updated without a hitch. Glance is great, double tap to wake, FM radio ... cheers.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the glance screen, in a completely dark room, illuminates all of the pixels, the black is illuminated to be black. My 925 doesn't have any other pixels illuminated when glance is on. I read somewhere that that is the difference between the 920's LCD screen and the 925's OLED. Is this right? That the screen on my 920 is powering pixels to illuminate for the purpose of glance? Won't that cause some kind of burn-in with my screen?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the glance screen, in a completely dark room, illuminates all of the pixels, the black is illuminated to be black. My 925 doesn't have any other pixels illuminated when glance is on. I read somewhere that that is the difference between the 920's LCD screen and the 925's OLED. Is this right? That the screen on my 920 is powering pixels to illuminate for the purpose of glance? Won't that cause some kind of burn-in with my screen?

Ips lcd won't have burn ins like amoleds. They just get something called image retention which goes away quickly

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs