Best damage protection for Nokia Lumia 820?

kitty778

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Nokia Lumia 820 around 10 inches onto a hard surface and the screen cracked. The crack goes diagonally from bottom right to middle left and the "back" button is completely unusable. ("Search" button is fine, and "home" button works intermittently. Also, the "symbols" button in the texting screen won't work... Grrr... no punctuation!)

I have ordered a new digitizer to arrive tomorrow and, providing the phone then works, I will buy a protective case and/or screen protector. I have spent hours surfing the net looking for recommendations, but with little success. Can any forum users offer their advice/opinions?

Thank you.

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Nokia Lumia 820 around 10 inches onto a hard surface and the screen cracked. The crack goes diagonally from bottom right to middle left and the "back" button is completely unusable. ("Search" button is fine, and "home" button works intermittently. Also, the "symbols" button in the texting screen won't work... Grrr... no punctuation!)

I have ordered a new digitizer to arrive tomorrow and, providing the phone then works, I will buy a protective case and/or screen protector. I have spent hours surfing the net looking for recommendations, but with little success. Can any forum users offer their advice/opinions?

Thank you.
I have just ordered black Rock naked shell case for my 820. Seems to be one of the best and judging by the reviews, not a single unhappy customer. If you want more protection, you can look into Amzer dual hybrid case. But be warned, it will turn the sleek body into a tank. (I also ordered Amzer clear screen protector. 820's screen is advertised as scratch resistant but its not gorilla. I am not taking chances.)

These combined are some of the best protection you can get in India for 820 without paying $$$ in export for un-reviewed products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar