Soft reset after Amber update?

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My phone screen keeps becoming unresponsive and I can't slide down to power off. The soft reset of volume down and power button doesn't seem to work any longer after the Amber update. Is there another way to rest the phone?

What a giant PITA as my 928 has becoming unusable since the screen won't respond and I can't power off of reset.

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
O too can't soft reset after the update. Before updating just holding the power button forced a restart but that no longer works at all. Anyone else?

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Just figured out that you have to press vol down and power and hold longer. After about 10 secs it will reset.

Now I just need to see why my phone screen stops responding to touch. I really do not want it to be replaced under Verizon's warranty where they send me a refurb, I've been down that road before and it always seemed that I was inheriting someone else's problem.

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, my first device was awesome, until the earpiece went out.
Now the refurb replacement device has the gunky capacitive buttons, and the screen just stopped working.

I am about done with Nokia. I have never had a single defective device.

Gleisson Gomes

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
So sorry to abruptly post in this thread but I'm really upset about this Hard Reset thing.
I reset my phone after one month using Amber update. My Microsoft account was changed and I had to reset the phone in order to sync all of my content again.
My phone's a Lumia 520. The problem is that not all of the Amber's new features came back.
I am able to use Radio, Date Sense and that app about Lenses. But the feature I use the most, which is Block Contacts and avoid their calls/SMS is not available anywhere in the phone.
Have anyone experienced this before? I don't know what to do since I migrated from a Palm Treo to this Lumia 520 just six months ago.
The way I reset my phone was going to the "Settings" page, then "About" session and finally "Reset your phone" button.
Can anyone help me? :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro