Hi Friends Need Help on Battery n Update

sai534

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is my first post used b a silent viewer of this forum from 1 month. You guys r dng gr8 job . it will be very helpful guys like me who r new to windows family .

I brought my lumia 620 2 weeks ago .

Battery Problems :

1) Battery drains easily when i use whats app , wechat n Skype. I don't play much games but battery drains easily it lasts for 4 hours .
2) Does lumia have any app for hiding vidoes ( free app ) .
3) i want battery indicator (%) on lumia just like iphone n android phones ,Any app related to battery indicator in (%) .Im using battery saver but i have go to app to know the % of battery . Any app in windows which indicate on the top right corner near battery same as iPhone.
4) when i charge the phone it get charges in 2 hours completely 100 % . anyone facing this issue.

UPDATE
1) i didn't find anyone update of GDR2 on my phone will there be any problem if i update with Nokia care suite will my warranty b voided .
can any provide me link for Nokia care suite which can b trusted for updating the phone .
2) what are the cons n pros of update .

Can anyone help me on above issues . Any suggestions are appreciated .
Thanks in advance guys .

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery Problems :

1) Battery drains easily when i use whats app , wechat n Skype. I don't play much games but battery drains easily it lasts for 4 hours .

Are you doing this via wifi or cell data? If via cell data, the 620 does tend to use a lot of power on 3G. There's not really anything you can do about it. Also, WhatsApp and Skype have been widely reported as having battery drain issues. This was particularly true of the original version of WhatsApp. Once again, if you want to use these apps, not much you can do about it.

2) Does lumia have any app for hiding vidoes ( free app ) .
Don't know.

3) i want battery indicator (%) on lumia just like iphone n android phones ,Any app related to battery indicator in (%) .Im using battery saver but i have go to app to know the % of battery . Any app in windows which indicate on the top right corner near battery same as iPhone.

There are several battery monitor apps that give the battery percentage on a live tile. Apps don't have the ability to write to the status bar, so you won't get anything with this functionality.

4) when i charge the phone it get charges in 2 hours completely 100 % . anyone facing this issue.

Probably most people who own this phone. Using the Nokia charger that comes with the phone it should only take a couple of hours to charge the phone.

sai534

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Are you doing this via wifi or cell data? If via cell data, the 620 does tend to use a lot of power on 3G. There's not really anything you can do about it. Also, WhatsApp and Skype have been widely reported as having battery drain issues. This was particularly true of the original version of WhatsApp. Once again, if you want to use these apps, not much you can do about it.

Don't know.

There are several battery monitor apps that give the battery percentage on a live tile. Apps don't have the ability to write to the status bar, so you won't get anything with this functionality.

Probably most people who own this phone. Using the Nokia charger that comes with the phone it should only take a couple of hours to charge the phone.

Thanks OZrob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs