Dropped Calls on HTC 8x

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I currently own a Lumia 920 and have been really happy with my Windows phone experience.

I recently added someone to my AT&T Plan and got a great deal on a brand new HTC 8X. The person I added loves the phone and the operating system but is having an issue with dropped calls. I have witnessed them dropping calls in multiple locations where my 920 works perfectly fine.

Overall I have maybe had two dropped calls since I have had my 920 (November 2012) and those were in locations where it was very remote with little to no service. With the 8X they are saying that usually once or twice a day they are having problems with dropped calls, sometimes even more.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues with the 8X. Thanks for any feedback.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is this 8X an AT&T branded device, or is it an unlocked device from another carrier?

Did this person get a new SIM? If he/she has problems with connectivity, it might help to get a new SIM from AT&T. I've already had connectivity issues fixed by getting my SIM replaced.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I is an AT&T Branded device.

They did get a brand new sim card when it was activated, I coudl possibly have them put another one in to see if that helps.

rdef

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Strange. I've haven't had that experience with my 8x. Could be a partially seated SIM card. Hard you heard of taping the back of the SIM card to make it slightly thicker to make it seat better?
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any drop calls on my 8x, but to be honest; I got that *bug* when the other end of the phone call can't hear me for the First 2-3 seconds of the call and this happens almost always to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro