Rogers Amber rom compatibility with ATT 920?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if we can use the Rogers Amber rom on ATT Lumia 920? That way we're not switching from RM-820 to RM-821 and can possibly revert back to ATT when the update is released.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. Once you flash any other rom including the Rogers rom, there's no going back to AT&T.

The whole point of flashing - at least for me - is to unbrand the phone, remove all the AT&T stuff and get the cool apps like Data Sense. You do lose the ability to tether but if you rarely or never use it, it's not a huge deal. If your main concern is to just get the GDR2/Amber update because the whole world is getting it and not you, then just hold out a little longer if you can.

Last edited:

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. Once you flash any other rom including the Rogers rom, there's no going back to AT&T.

The whole point of flashing - at least for me - is to unbrand the phone, remove all the AT&T stuff and get the cool apps like Data Sense. You do lose the ability to tether but if you rarely or never use it, it's not a huge deal. If your main concern is to just get the GDR2/Amber update because the whole world is getting it and not you, then just hold out a little longer if you can.

Thanks, yea I mean I have an unlimited plan so data sense isn't terribly useful for me, and I don't have tethering, but yea I suppose I'll just hold out. I'll flash it when ATT stops pushing updates to our 920's

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
You can also flash the AT&T DEV ROM which has Amber on it. Here's the product code:

059R2L5 RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos