Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and various light conditions - bug or feature?

Mira7

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody, I use Nokia Pro Camera and the default camera app on my Amber updated Nokia Lumia 920, and it?s been a while since i noticed something strange, I don?t know, if I should call it a bug, or it is a smart feature....

When using Pro Cam or even the default camera application, I am noticing, that the Optical Image Stabilisation is not so strong (if there is any) when the light conditions are great (sunny day, normal daylight condition), but when there is a little amount of light (dark room, night scene), the Optical Image Stabilisation becomes strong as hammer and the image is completely steady...need to say, that the video is always stabilised, no matter what (and that makes sense!).

So... my question is... Is this some smart feature Nokia has implemented into Amber (that the OIS is not necessary when the shutter speed is extremely fast due to great light conditions) or is it a bug (software or hardware related???) and no one of you have seen this behaviour on your devices?

PS: Before updating my device to Amber, the OIS was working same under all light conditions.

Mira7

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought the same as you, but there has to be some control, because the system starts to stabilize the scene after you focus = after you press the camera button to the half of it... so, there has to be a way (software or mechanical/magnetic) how to activate and deactivate the OIS....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa