Nokia Pro Cam for Lumia 820

ANNEDRUIDE

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Here's a video guide in czech that accomplishes the same thing. Follow the procedure carefully and your 820 and 822 WILL run PRO CAM as long as u have the GDR2 and AMBER updates ALREADY installed! :)

fitronarwani

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
To anyone who want to install Nokia Pro Cam on their Lumia 520.
Use the same method above, if you're suffering "Attention required. Tap to here" warning and some error code, turn off your WIFI connections, and download it using your cellular network.
Works on me for Pro Cam and Video Trimmer, but not for Smart Cam. Well i thought Smart Cam will officially arrive for Lumia 520 anyway.

Danny King

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The instructions worked fine, but as the post above me stated, I had to turn WiFi off once I had initiated the download as I was getting 'attention required' error message.

Now have Pro Cam working perfectly on Lumia 820 :) annoying how Nokia are basically artificially restricting access to this app, however.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Still, I would never use an unknown proxy for the phone.. It's not really hard to do it yourself with fiddler on your PC, you just need to add a rule that replaces your model code with the one of a 920, 925 etc.

If the download fails, just go to pro cam in the store, wait for the install button to appear, switch to WiFi settings and disable the proxy, it won't use your mobile data this way.

Chodeva

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I am running the Pro Cam on my 820. I have noticed something peculiar. When I take a shot the original review image looks amazingly sharp but when I view again either through ProCam or the system Camera Roll it is so soft. Anyone else noticed this? Is this because it is on the 820 and maybe really designed for the 9XX and 10XX model?

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I am running the Pro Cam on my 820. I have noticed something peculiar. When I take a shot the original review image looks amazingly sharp but when I view again either through ProCam or the system Camera Roll it is so soft. Anyone else noticed this? Is this because it is on the 820 and maybe really designed for the 9XX and 10XX model?

the pics look a bit softer while looking through camera roll..use HD Photo Viewer..you"ll see the amazing pics..
about ProCam on 820..m not able to get it working on my 820..not able to install it.. :'(

tomm1ed

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Many of you will be annoyed that Nokia have made the Nokia Pro Cam application available for the 1020, 920, 925 and 928 only. Well, if you are craving this app, and want it for your Nokia Lumia 820, here's how you get it in simple steps:

1. Change your phone region to United States

2. Connect to a WiFi network

3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection'

8. Download Nokia Pro Cam

9. Turn Proxy off, set your phone region back to normal, and Restart.

N.B. If you install the app before you get the Nokia Amber Update/GDR2 then you won't be able to use the app until you get the update :) (Don't Worry, you don't have to do this again!)

Edwardlb20, thank you so much for this work around :) Rocking Pro Cam on my 820!

Siva vij

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I tried installing Nokia pro cam in my lumia 820 with the help of steps provided above, i have done, region change, proxy settings and restart finally.

when i open nokia apps store, Nokia pro cam available in that, but when i click on that, it was repeatedly saying "Attention required. Tap here", so i tapped it and then it was showing Error code: 805a0258.

What i mean to say is, i am not able to install nokia pro cam in lumia 820 (India). Any help on that?

NeyOliveira

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Not so in my case. I did all the steps, but at the beginning of the download, it stopped and showed the message "Attention Required", so I went back to the WiFi settings, removed the URL address and port, back where it was being downloaded to click and continue to download. Installed, now just waiting for Amber. Thank you!

N?o foi bem assim em meu caso. Eu fiz todas as etapas, mas no in?cio do download, ele parou e apareceu a mensagem "Aten??o requerida", ent?o eu voltei para as configura??es do WiFi, removi o endere?o da URL e a porta, voltei onde estava sendo baixado para clicar e dar continuidade ao download. Instalei, agora s? esperando o Amber. Muito obrigado!

NeyOliveira

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I tried installing Nokia pro cam in my lumia 820 with the help of steps provided above, i have done, region change, proxy settings and restart finally.

when i open nokia apps store, Nokia pro cam available in that, but when i click on that, it was repeatedly saying "Attention required. Tap here", so i tapped it and then it was showing Error code: 805a0258.

What i mean to say is, i am not able to install nokia pro cam in lumia 820 (India). Any help on that?

Aconteceu o mesmo comigo, mas veja como fiz abaixo.....
Not so in my case. I did all the steps, but at the beginning of the download, it stopped and showed the message "Attention Required", so I went back to the WiFi settings, removed the URL address and port, back where it was being downloaded to click and continue to download. Installed, now just waiting for Amber. Thank you!

N?o foi bem assim em meu caso. Eu fiz todas as etapas, mas no in?cio do download, ele parou e apareceu a mensagem "Aten??o requerida", ent?o eu voltei para as configura??es do WiFi, removi o endere?o da URL e a porta, voltei onde estava sendo baixado para clicar e dar continuidade ao download. Instalei, agora s? esperando o Amber. Muito obrigado!

NeyOliveira

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Still, I would never use an unknown proxy for the phone.. It's not really hard to do it yourself with fiddler on your PC, you just need to add a rule that replaces your model code with the one of a 920, 925 etc.

If the download fails, just go to pro cam in the store, wait for the install button to appear, switch to WiFi settings and disable the proxy, it won't use your mobile data this way.

For me the install button does not appear, because I'm logged in as a Lumia 820. Does not appear ProCam for these models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb