Getting new phone: is Lumia 928 better than HTC 8x?

bjeans

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
And think about how you use your phone. Just one example: Nokia's PhotoBeam app saves me a *lot* of time in my work. I can take scads of photos, beam them to aniPad or computer in a few seconds, choose which ones to instantly save and ignore the rest. The way I used to do it took much longer. Plus the camera (ProCam mostly) saved me from buying another camera, which I was going to do. Maybe one of the two phones has something important the other doesn't?

Blargh...right when I had made a decision, you bring up some good points about the 8X...I think that 16 gb storage would be more than enough for me, I have tons of apps and music on my 16 gb iPad, and I still have 4.8 gb left. I think that the only way for me to really decide would be for me to actually go to the Verizon store and try them out.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Define "Better".
Better: I have 50% more subpixels than you. I have sharper text, no silly colour bleeding, and brightness is only slightly worse. Your 928 has deeper blacks for sure, but at the cost of white (and really. colour accuracy as a whole). I had crappy PenTile on my Omnia 7, and when I moved to the 8X, I realised I'd been staring at the wrong thing for two years. The Lumia 928 has that same RGBG configuration.

lumia928-screen-blue-980x653.jpg

Perhaps the colour profiles will allow you to compensate in the other direction, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Blargh...right when I had made a decision, you bring up some good points about the 8X...I think that 16 gb storage would be more than enough for me, I have tons of apps and music on my 16 gb iPad, and I still have 4.8 gb left. I think that the only way for me to really decide would be for me to actually go to the Verizon store and try them out.
Ehh good luck if you go HTC. Nokia support is not perfect but it is better than HTC. I would always choose a company who is all in with windows phone(Nokia) than the company who is barely with windows phone(HTC).

HHaving owned different lumias(810, 920, 1020, and now 1020) one comes to appreciate the depths that Nokia goes for the OS. HTC makes pretty phones but given he many complaints about the phone discoloring it is not worth it.

Last edited:

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
8x for sure, just call your provider and ask which phones are replaced more Nokia. Plus the screen is far better and the camera is fine.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ehh good luck if you go HTC. Nokia support is not perfect but it is better than HTC. I would always choose a company who is all in with windows phone(Nokia) than the company who is barely with windows phone(HTC).

HHaving owned different lumias(810, 920, 1020, and now 1020) one comes to appreciate the depths that Nokia goes for the OS. HTC makes pretty phones but given he many complaints about the phone discoloring it is not worth it.

I guess everyone has their thoughts here. Personally, I think Nokia service is one of the worst companies I have dealt with. I've had to deal with them 5 times and 4 out of those calls turned to a headache in some way.

The last one, I was told they would call me back within 24-48 hours (exact quote), I got a call about the issue almost 2 1/2 weeks later, and instead of trying to resolve an issue, they tried to rush me off the phone, I asked them to email the details about her offer to me, she said YES, still 4 days later, never an email. I know they have it on record and I know I will not see an email, IF I DO, it will be months later. My replaced 928 STILL has issues.

Over the years, I have had about 8-10 HTC devices, needed to call their support team at least 7 times (that I have a record of, I keep notes on these calls), One time I had an issue (a moron tech who really didn't have a clue) but, besides that, Perfect, no issues, if they said I would get a call back in X time, I got it back in X time...

"Nokia is perfect" bs needs to stop. There are many people who have issues with Nokia. Just because you are a fan of a phone does not mean they are the "best" phone in the world and not that much better than HTC or another company. Just like Android fans are, They love their devices so much that they are completely BLIND on the issues with the OS.

Nevermind Nokia phones....There are lists of issues with the 928 and the 920, a lot that you don't see in MOST HTC models, still getting crap behind my windows button on my 928...Quality control is not there like it was many years ago.

To the OP, take a look at both, really take a look over the models, if you go Nokia, just expect some bugs with your device and like any company these days, your support is only as good as the person who picks up the phone (a roll of dice ?)

Yes, I have a 928 and if they 8X had 32gb, I would of never gotten it. (I sold my 8X for more money than it cost me to get the 928, I actually made money on selling the 8x and getting the 928)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos