Creating playlists in Windows Explorer for my Lumia 1020

jeffskent

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Having owned several iPhones, iPods, and numerous mp3 players, I am still unable to create or edit a playlist in Windows Explorer on my Lumia 1020. I have more than 2000 songs on the phone and would like to be able to make several playlists the easy way. Inside the playlist folder I can find no way to make, edit or add songs to a playlist. I would hate to have to put all my music into iTunes again and then sync and transfer it to the phone. Likewise, I would hate to try to use Windows Media Player and sync and transfer that to the Windows 8 phone.

Isn't there an easy way to simply make playlist folders, using Windows Explorer, on the phone, using my computer and create, edit, and delete songs from multiple playlists? TIA

jeffskent

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Now all I have to do is brush up on my register editing ability, start over with my 2 to 3000 song music library via Windows Media Player, watch out for duplicates, and hope for the best. I'll be working on a simple way to make playlists via Windows Explorer until I am 100 years old, which is only in 32 more years, if I am lucky. :)

jeffskent

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I believe that if I load all my 2 to 3000 song library back into iTunes, make playlists there, and then sync back to my 1020, then the playlists should sync. That's too much work for now.

I am trying to understand the full use of using Nokia music app, select some songs in the now playing temp area, and then add all of them to a playlist, which I then can pin to start and play with one tap via Swipe Tunes, as I drive around. This has worked for about 6 playlists so far, but I have not refined the exact procedure. When I do, I will post it here in case anyone is interested.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You can completely manage a playlist using a PC.

Make a playlist on your phone. Start an album or song playing, below the album art tap the song name. On this page tap the save icon on bottom and give your playlist a name. Stop the player.

Connect the phone via USB to the PC.
With windows explorer open the music, playlist folder.
Double click the playlist file you just created. this will open the reference or resources tab window. This small window can manage your playlist.
You can now, add to the playlist from songs on your phone using drag and drop into the resources tab window.
From the resources tab window you can also delete songs from the playlist and set the play order.

This window is named references or resources, depends on your operating system.
The playlist folder is hidden on some systems
From the phone, hold tap on the text of the playlist and pin it to start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99