I cannot figure out what is causing so much battery usage. I have checked apps - background and have all turned off.
    I've held down the return button to verify I do not have anything else open. Any ideas? At this rate my phone will last
    6hrs and dead. only app recent I got was Carstand. I have uninstalled it, no change.
    08-26-2013 07:52 AM
    I had the same problem but worse. After installing the Amber update, mine was 30% / hour. I found out my problem was the new feature "Double-Tap-To-Wake". As soon as I disabled it, my power consumption came back to normal. So try disabling this option, restart your phone and see if this helps.
    08-26-2013 08:05 AM
    I have not upgraded to Amber update yet :(
    08-26-2013 08:24 AM
    I have not upgraded to Amber update yet :(
    Try a soft reset then.

Hold volume down and power buttons simultaneously until the phone vibrates (approx. 15 sec.).

That should do it ...
    08-26-2013 10:43 AM
    Try a soft reset then.

Hold volume down and power buttons simultaneously until the phone vibrates (approx. 15 sec.).

That should do it ...
    Once you have done the soft reset, make sure the first thing you do is turn the phone off and on again.

Sometimes the battery controller doesn't always restart properly after a soft reset, and restarting kicks it back into action.

Also, make sure every ~30 days to charge the phone fully, then drain it fully in one go (don't charge it in-between) until you cant turn it on (when you try to, itll just show an empty battery symbol on red). Then charge it filly again, bearing in mind itll take ~30 minutes to collect enough power to switch on.

This process recalibrates the battery controller so it can work more effectively.
    08-26-2013 10:54 AM