Getting my 4th 925 tomorrow :/

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had it with nokia. I switch from HTC. Tomorrow I will be getting my 4h 925 in less than a month. Here is a break down of issues.
First device was doa did not recognize a sim card when purchasing in store.
Second completely died 4 days after getting it would not boot,, take a charge or respond to battery removal trick.
Third was not powered on attempted to power up got blue screen. Attempted hard reset now get "Windows boot manager" screen.

I am getting my 4th device overnighted to me tomorrow. This is really bad makes wish I kept my HTC. May end up selling device when I get replacement.

Last edited:

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
It's sad that you have so much struggle with your phones. I hope that the next one will work better! :smile:

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am a little concerned about their quality issues, especially build quality. I'm on my third 925. The screen was coming off the first. The screen was uneven in the body on the second. The one I'm using now is much better but the rear cover is skewed wrt the aluminum bezel. Ever heard of shimming? That being said, a good unit is usually quite durable. I'm happy with it, even though I'm worried that it took 3 tries.

1Sick1500

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Im only on my Second due to the Rear speaker quit working after 3 weeks. Other than that i wouldnt trade this phone for anything. I came from an Iphone 5 and am extremely happy with it.

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had any physical build issues on any of them. from what nokia told me it seems to be software related. But still it is unacceptable. Nokia wanted to do their standard nokia care route and have me with out a phone for 10 days, even though it is my 3rd phone failing. I went to tmo and they are overnightin me a replacement no charge. I hope the replacement is in the physical condition my current phone is in. The kicker is I just put ghost armor on the phone and no one wants to reimburse me for it.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of someone having 3 bad Nokia replacement phones within a month time. Hopefully, the 4th will be the charm for you! Good luck!

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Got my 4th phone today lets see how long this one will last. Unfortunatly nokia nor tmobile wants to reimburse me for my ghost armor on my 3rd phone. I find this to be poor customer service given the extreme circumstances.

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had two phones go bad already. I am on my third and am definitely not pleased with the customer service. They haven't been especially easy to work with, i got hung up on 4 times when trying to get my 2nd phone replaced. Hopefully this one lasts.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... I've wanted a 925 ever since it was released. However, after reading stories like these, it makes me want to just stick it out with my unlocked Rogers 920, which I have NO problems with.

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have exchanged 2 phones already due to the blue screen problem and extremely poor battery life (it wouldn't hold a charge longer than a few hours with no use and background tasks turned off) and now my third phone is starting to do the same with the battery PLUS random connectivity issues. I think that I'm going to have to call it quits on this phone and try another model :/

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my 925 2 weeks or so ago and so far it's doing great. I was nervous about getting one after I have read all of the issues reported by other users but I really like the hardware design on this phone so I decided to buy it anyway, especially since I could always bank on the warranty in case I ended up with a defective device. I resolved to scrutinize the phone real well before leaving the shop, and also made sure I had my SIM with me so that I could test the phone all the way through OOBE. I guess I was lucky because the very first grey device I was handed was perfect, nothing loose, no scratches, screen was stellar, buttons perfectly aligned and responsive.

I also dropped the device twice already, the first time from chest level down to the sidewalk concrete, face down. It probably bounced twice because the only damage it got from the fall are two needlepoint sized nicks on opposite corners. Almost invisible. I dropped it a second time but on carpet and so far the screen does not have even the slightest sign of a scratch.

Needless to say, I am very happy with the device I got. It's tougher that it looks, but I'd still want to protective case on this thing because it really is very slippery.

It makes me wonder why there are a lot of 925s being reported as defective. And from what I observed it seems that a lot of these are from the US/Tmo?

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
the dissatisfied crowd always tend to be more vocal, and understandably so. i too am hoping that there arnt too many issues with it because i just ordered one for my father who has been using iphones since 2008. i have a 920 and i went through the same stuff back then, and im more or less satisfied with my purchase, the only issues being with the creaky top left of the phone and the dust in the ffc. I dont want to get it resolved because going the service centre is a pain in the ***. they wipe all your data and these issues could take upto 15 days to resolve(although i feel the creaky top left could have something to do with me dropping it way too often). i dont really use the ffc so i dont care about it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077