touch screen acting funny after Amber

ptptpt4

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, it's my first post here, I've been searching around if anyone else has this issue, but haven't found any solutions to this problem...

Earlier this week I updated my unlocked 920 to GDR2+Amber over the air. The update installed nicely with no problems whatsoever, but afterwards I noticed something funny when I was using Internet Explorer.

When I'm pressing on the screen and move my finger, the website scrolls normally, but if I keep pressing and holding my finger still (for example when browsing through a forum thread), the image doesn't stay still, instead it starts to shake a couple of pixels up and down. I've noticed this happening in the People hub, too, as well as some apps, the lockscreen, etc. It's really annoying because it makes it very difficult to read small text.

It must be a consequence of the update as I would certainly have noticed it had it happened before. Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks!

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, it's my first post here, I've been searching around if anyone else has this issue, but haven't found any solutions to this problem...

Earlier this week I updated my unlocked 920 to GDR2+Amber over the air. The update installed nicely with no problems whatsoever, but afterwards I noticed something funny when I was using Internet Explorer.

When I'm pressing on the screen and move my finger, the website scrolls normally, but if I keep pressing and holding my finger still (for example when browsing through a forum thread), the image doesn't stay still, instead it starts to shake a couple of pixels up and down. I've noticed this happening in the People hub, too, as well as some apps, the lockscreen, etc. It's really annoying because it makes it very difficult to read small text.

It must be a consequence of the update as I would certainly have noticed it had it happened before. Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks!

I haven't noticed this behavior on 822 on Verizon.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

I don't have amber, but I've noticed this on my friend's 928 with amber. It seems like it could be that the screen sensitivity was upped in amber? I've always noticed that the response to finger scrolling is a little lazy on the 920. Does it also feel more responsive when making quick up and down scrolling movements?

ptptpt4

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The behaviour is the same on both screen sensitivity settings, it doesn't generally feel more responsive, but I noticed a bit of lag when scrolling in picture-heavy situations when the sensitivity is set to high. That wasn't happening before either.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!
I had the same problem, its a easy fix.

Just turn double tap to wake from touch+display off, restart your phone. This should to the trick. Try it.

ptptpt4

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, its a easy fix.

Just turn double tap to wake from touch+display off, restart your phone. This should to the trick. Try it.

Oddly enough the first time I restarted it, it didn't, I tried it another time and now it works fine! Thanks!

PS it seems like every time the phone is restarted, double tap to wake is turned back on by default, how odd

edit: as soon as double tap to wake is enabled again and the screen times out and I have to unlock the phone again, it's there again :( I guess I won't be able to use double tap to wake until Nokia fixes this in an update or something...

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Oddly enough the first time I restarted it, it didn't, I tried it another time and now it works fine! Thanks!

PS it seems like every time the phone is restarted, double tap to wake is turned back on by default, how odd

edit: as soon as double tap to wake is enabled again and the screen times out and I have to unlock the phone again, it's there again :( I guess I won't be able to use double tap to wake until Nokia fixes this in an update or something...

I'm sure Nokia will update display+touch and resolve the problem in the near future. That's the only problem with Amber I have. Cant use double tap to wake otherwise the chopping/stuttering comes back.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmm odd! When I turn double tap to wake off and restart the phone it stays off. Try after the restart to turn the feature off before the screen times out.

ptptpt4

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm odd! When I turn double tap to wake off and restart the phone it stays off. Try after the restart to turn the feature off before the screen times out.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing... Shame about the double tap feature though, I really like it. Hope they push out an update soon.

zvnkt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Now, with GDR3, I am still facing this problem. So annoyed definitely!
Does anyone find the solution other than turn double-tap off?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss