Facebook Questions

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having difficulty in getting Facebook Notifications (toasts?) I liked how my iphone got notifications. What can I do? Is there a different app?
It seems as though my tile does not update to my latest status update?
I cannot save someone else's picture on Facebook?

Learning Win 8 on my new Lumia 928. I love it, but these little issues are, well....Just learning.

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I can deal with the notifications as MS works on this and from what I hear it is a few weeks out.

In the meantime:
1 ) How do you all save photo's someone has posted to your timeline? I went into my PC, and just emailed them to myself that way. Then, I saved it and got a share to My Skydrive.
2) How do you post multiple photo's and include a status update message with it?

Thanks

yatman60

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook Beta app seems to work fairly well but is still missing some features. The "official" app sucks! Of the features it does support, most don't work or only work partially. The main feature I have an issue with is sharing a post. I get some error about privacy settings or some nonsense. I fire up JDB and do the same thing and it works just fine as does the Beta version.

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I will try the lockscreen - Thanks monsta007...

The Facebook Beta App, this is the FB app that is #1 in downloads, correct? Will try JDB too...

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The downside of the JDB FB app is that it doesn't let you do Checkins. They want you to load one of their other apps to do that (and I think it's not free). Other than that, it's pretty good.

I use the People Hub for casual browsing, and if I want to do something that the People Hub doesn't support, I fire up the FB Beta app.

thuanngotau

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The Facebook Beta app seems to work fairly well but is still missing some features. The "official" app sucks! Of the features it does support, most don't work or only work partially. The main feature I have an issue with is sharing a post. I get some error about privacy settings or some nonsense. I fire up JDB and do the same thing and it works just fine as does the Beta version.

The Official Facebook app has just been updated to v5.0.3.0. Do you guys mind giving it a try? Official Facebook app for Windows Phone gets updated | Windows Phone Central

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Jdb is not good at all, it always has feed issue, i used to use it, but fb beta is Just great till now but missing some features!

Kamen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a question/issue of my own. I am using the Facebook Beta app which for me is way better than the Official one. If I upload a photo from there all is good. However if I go to a photo in my Camera Roll, click the ellipsis, choose Share and then Facebook it never uploads. Are others seeing this issue as well and is there a way to fix this?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a question/issue of my own. I am using the Facebook Beta app which for me is way better than the Official one. If I upload a photo from there all is good. However if I go to a photo in my Camera Roll, click the ellipsis, choose Share and then Facebook it never uploads. Are others seeing this issue as well and is there a way to fix this?

Have you configured FB on your phone's system? (Not the app but the default system)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss