Camera not rotating

esone1ll

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1020 on AT&T, white version. Sometimes, when I open the camera (Pro, Smart, stock, whatever), the camera doesn't detect that I'm holding the phone in landscape. It takes the picture, but of course it's 90 degrees wrong in the Camera Roll, and I have to manually rotate it later.

It's generally fixed with a power cycle (turn off then turn on). It'll work for a few hours and then get "stuck" in portrait mode again.

Is there a setting or bug that anyone else has seen with this?

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had this issue recently. It doesn't just bug the camera, it locks rotation on the whole OS. When I saw this I was worried I had a busted gyro. But as you mention the reboot fixed it for me as well. I am certain this is some kind of bug in the pro cam software. It has only happened when I was taking a lot of photos and locking and unlocking my phone with the pro cam apprunning. Hopefully this will get patched.

kevinhall

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends I read your problem, I fill sad. I also bought a Nokia Lumia 1020 from go2ebuy, I have not any problem with it. I can suggest you to visit your retailer and tell him your problem. I think they can help you.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1020 on AT&T, white version. Sometimes, when I open the camera (Pro, Smart, stock, whatever), the camera doesn't detect that I'm holding the phone in landscape. It takes the picture, but of course it's 90 degrees wrong in the Camera Roll, and I have to manually rotate it later.

It's generally fixed with a power cycle (turn off then turn on). It'll work for a few hours and then get "stuck" in portrait mode again.

Is there a setting or bug that anyone else has seen with this?
I have experienced the same issue on more than one occasion

Like you, power cycling the phone corrected the issue - unlike you, this solved the problem for many days.
happened one more time, but hasn't happens again. (knock on wood)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99