No handsfree controls after Amber updating?

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the control buttons on my two different headsets (on the cord) no longer can pause and start music that is playing (in Spotify or Nokia Music).

Both of these headsets have buttons for handsfree phone conversations and music control. The volume control on these only work on iPhones but pausing music and skipping tracks used to work on WP8 before the Amber update. Now they seem disabled. Or did I miss some new control panel setting somewhere?

I have one set of B&O earbuds and one pair of Focal headphones. Never tried using them for handsfree phone conversations but the same buttons are used to control music tracks.

digginz

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have also noticed this and is a feature I used regularly to skip through tracks, was definately there before Amber.
Cant seem to find an option in settings to enable it again.
I thought the point of an update was to increase the phones features, not take them away...

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I only have the two wired headsets. Don't know if it was the previous Windows Phone update or the Nokia update that removed the feature. Maybe it was done to improve (or limit to) support for the kind of headwear Nokia sells. Just speculating. In any case it is annoying to not be able to quickly pause music or skip to a track.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys, this is not just an Amber thing. The track controls on my SkullCandy Ink'd buds don't work anymore with my awesome Beats Audio equipped HTC 8X either.. But they do still work with my OTE Candy's.. WTH??

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Controls on my Nokia headset are still working. However, on my Logitech ear-buds they stopped working entirely. Discrimination....
Next step, find the right thread on the Nokia site to complain about it. Not funny.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa