No GDR2 Club

mightyrobert

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought AtivS should be a nice phone to me and yes it is. But if You live in Scandinavia You'll have a better service and much faster upgrade if You buy a Nokia. I'm coming from HTC OneX with Android.
I'm asked Samsung support of GDR2, but they only tell me to ask Microsoft (Windows) when i get GDR2 !!!!!

So if You want a WindowsMobile with support buy a Nokia, I consider to go back to Android......

Samsung told me the same and Microsoft says: "be patient"...

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Have a grey UK-imported unbranded I8750 in Russia and got the update in early August.

I would do a trick: try installing a new voice recognition language, seems like Windows is making some update calls when installing system components. At least, that's how I received Sammy update (non-GDR2) the first time. Chances are it would work for ya.

paravion

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Club Members,

iOS 7, an entirely new OS, is now available for all modern iOS products. GDR2, a small, modest technical update, released early August for WP8 devices, is still not available to all Ativ S owners. No ETA; no support.

That is all.

MI55

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
But Apple only have one closed eco system to worry about on one make of device.
Although not as diverse as Android there are still multiple device manufacturers to consider with Windows updates so unless MS lock down the OS (aka Apple) they could never replicate the process....

kole82

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
E jbg, ja sam dobi taj update, ali ima jos neka fora, zavisno od oznake prodaje telefona, ako ti je oznaka XEF onda jes uvek nema update-a...

WP Gan

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
When WP8 launched, read somewhere that the windows phone will get update faster than android phone after it release, but after using this phone, I dun think the Microsoft claim is true enough! Anyone here feel the same?

Mankku

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When WP8 launched, read somewhere that the windows phone will get update faster than android phone after it release, but after using this phone, I dun think the Microsoft claim is true enough! Anyone here feel the same?

Yep I feel the same way, why can't it be like the IOS-updates, as fast available like those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6