app + data backup...

srprashant91

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Just got my phone back from the service center, they just reflashed the phone software. However prior to sending it I do remember having turned on app list backup. Today when I entered my outlook I'd, only my contacts and SMS were restored, wonder why the apps didn't get restored. I want to know how this works. Do I have to backup app list manually or does it get backed up at scheduled intervals?

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you try as mentioned here?

Restoring a backup to your phone | Windows Phone How-to (भारत)

1. When you first set up your phone, sign in using the same Microsoft account you used when you created your backup.
2. When prompted to restore your phone, tap the backup you want to use, tap Next, then tap Next again.
3. Wait for the backup to download, then tap Next.
4. Do one of the following:
a. Enter passwords for your restored accounts, then tap Next.
b. Tap Skip if you want to enter your passwords later.
5. Tap Done.

Please note, if you haven't connected to WiFi after turning the app list backup on, or if you haven't used the phone for a week after turning on the backup, then the app list is not stored to cloud. You can read this here.

Backing up your stuff | Windows Phone How-to (भारत)
Your phone will wait for a WiFi connection to automatically save backups. If you don't connect to WiFi for a week, any changes to your App list and settings will be saved using a mobile data connection.

If you had failed to
1. connect to wifi or
2. use it for a week after turning the backup on or
3. to do manual backup,
then there is a way to see your old app list, in windowsphone.com purchase history. Though you have to re-install everything by yourself!

srprashant91

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Never mind, I had to restore it manually from windows phone site. My question is does the app list Backup take place automatically? I am perpetually connected to WiFi.

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does backup automatically. You can see when the last backup was made.

Goto Settings -> Backup -> app list + settings ->there, u can see when was the last backup taken!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos