The amount of noise in these images is too high!

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I suppose I'm crazy, hah. I've decided to keep it (but that's mostly due to the fact that everything else on the phone works well and it's a pain to drive almost an hour to return it).

Whatsup67

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
He buddy I think you need your eyes checked out looking at your pics on an ipad2,they look f.....ng amazing hope my 920 comes somewhere close to these shots after gdr2 update just amazing from a mobile phone f..k me .cheers

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious what you're comparing these images to when you're judging the noise level.

The Lumia 1020 isn't a DSLR, and if compared to one will lose every time.

But for a phone... my goodness. The 1020 is just amazing. What they've been able to put in such a small package is quite a feat.

Desmoface

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
You have to remember that you are using a camera phone with a relatively small lens. Yes, its a zeiss lens, but size matters when it comes to lenses. You will not get dslr quality photos from a lens this small. Its simple physics, its all about light hitting the sensor: bigger lens opening = more light in = less noise.

Steve.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I see what the OP is talking about. It's most apparent when looking at landscape shots like the one with houses, car and dumpster.

But I think it's more about misplaced expectations. Like you can't expect DSLR replacement. Otherwise I'm happy the phone can do those kinds of shots!

Like the ad with the parent taking a pic from the back while all the other phones are fighting at the front and he zooms into his kid, I doubt the actual quality but the point is, at least you got the shot (kinda the point about high iso in cameras, it's noisy yes but at least you captured it :))

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I think that the only problem there is your eyes, not the camera, lol

the photos are great! principally the flowers and the one outside your house (showing the green grass)..

maybe It didn't give you great photos as you thought it would due to the landscape.. go to a beatiful landscape (such as forests, lol) and take a photo and I guarantee you, you will not want to return this device.. =)

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's cool to just be telling the OP that there is something wrong with his eyes.

I'm sure AndreStudart didn't mean it as an insult... :)

For anyone curious about a recent update, I've not played with the phone any further, haven't had time. Also, too paranoid to be taking it out and about without a case... I've ordered one, but it's not arrived.

I'll definitely have to get used to using the ProCam app, and tinkering with settings. I'm quite accustomed to auto everything > focus > capture > enhance if needed. Definitely not a pro or photography enthusiast.

Thanks for the compliments on some of those pictures :) They were just as I said above, auto > focus > capture > done.

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokias take good photos in relation to other phones, they generally won't compare at all to what you'd get with a good digital camera.

Michael Spencer

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Nokias take good photos in relation to other phones, they generally won't compare at all to what you'd get with a good digital camera.

Have badly shattered my Galaxy S3's screen - and will be after a new phone! :amaze:

Keen on good photos - but 1020 doesn't launch here in the UK until 25th September.

Reservation is still WP- will wait until 4th Sept to see what Sony gets upto anything crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99