Picture quality worse after amber update? Lumia 920

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Dude, only looking at your EXIF data makes it more than clear why your pictures are blurry....1/4 shutter speed, 1/9 and so on...no OIS in the world will help you with such long exposure times handheld. Try going for a shorter exposure and bigger ISO ��

Well they were taken with automatic settings on but it doesn't explain why postprocessed pic is much worse looking than original.

nightstroll

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i don't know about 920 but i use the 820 and it has definitely gotten so much worse. Very yellow and washed out. This is making me really sad, cause I love the phone but I can no longer enjoy one of its best features. Of course it's nowhere close to the 920 but it was still good. I wish they'd find a way to fix very soon.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
maybe the white balance detection is off, try to manually set it to something appropriate? I know that helps a lot with yellow hue but I was doing that pre amber anyways in some lighting situations.

davym123

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the yellowish pictures, sadly, I just received the phone so I'm hoping on a quick fix. I will call Nokia Tomorrow and let you all know what they told me.
PS. I made an account specially to bump!
bump!

"Davy"

bkbkjbb

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
After the Amber update heres what I noticed. Using Nokia Pro Cam, you take a picture, then you get a quick 1-2 second preview of it where the colors and white balance look great along with sharpness. Then, you go into the hd viewer to look at it and you can see it quickly change before your eyes. Yellowish tint and soft. VERY ugly pictures coming from this phone now. The white balance is completely out to lunch. Adjusting white balance manually only makes it worse. But its not just pro cam that the issue is with. Default camera adds the gross yellowish tint as well, along with going totally soft. If Nokia does not fix this disgusting mess I will never buy a Lumia phone again. And I was considering the 1020. I know I don't make a difference to them, but I like a camera that works. And right now, that just about any other phone. I did notice Nokia pulled pro cam from the store,,probably to try and fix it. But the issue is not just with pro cam, its what they changed in the amber update. This phone is more than capable of destroying the competition in the camera department, as you can see from the quick previews you get using pro cam, but Nokia is NOT smart about there post-processing techniques.

chauvinhloi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the same problems. If they don't fix it and ignore their users, I will send my phone back to the store and never buy a Nokia again.

I_newbie

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my 920 for a week, very disappointed with the photo quality. It's even worst than my previous phone, the 520 and far behind my second phone, the BlackBerry Z10 which produce more beautiful pics. The photos on the 920 is so soft and wastout, like, the is a cloud infront of the camera. While my Z10 produce sharper pics and the color is amazing!
I feel very disappointed. Hope nokia can fix it with the Black update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb