Picture quality worse after amber update? Lumia 920

Jonatz

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, has anyone recognized that the lumia 920's camera became bad after the amber update? I've got much more noise in my shots and the colors are washed out like it was a 3 year old smartphone cam. Thanks for responses

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you pressing the camera button half way down and allowing it to focus? I used to do this silly mistake earlier and thus pics used to come horrible. Low light imaging without flash is spectacular. A higher ISO and steady hands can do wonders.

Jonatz

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you pressing the camera button half way down and allowing it to focus? I used to do this silly mistake earlier and thus pics used to come horrible. Low light imaging without flash is spectacular. A higher ISO and steady hands can do wonders.

i'm not using the button. Touchscreen autofocus turned out to be the better choice for me because i have shaky hands. Picture quality seems to be worse in both cases, normal light and low light scenarios

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm not using the button. Touchscreen autofocus turned out to be the better choice for me because i have shaky hands. Picture quality seems to be worse in both cases, normal light and low light scenarios

Shaky hands not ideal with 1/4 or 1/5 shutter speed, that is why those are looking soft / out of focus.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
In my case is Picture quality improved a lot after Amber update. Use Nokia Pro Cam mostly and I am really satisfied with quality.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, has anyone recognized that the lumia 920's camera became bad after the amber update? I've got much more noise in my shots and the colors are washed out like it was a 3 year old smartphone cam. Thanks for responses

1st thread am reading saying Amber messed up L920.
Could you try to compare a picture you took before Amber with a new picture?

P.S. - Please change your avatar, lol.

tezoo2002

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, definitely post amber, I observed that pictures are very yellowish. If any of u guys want to actually see that for urself, then try taking a pic with white object in view and 9 out 10 times its always yellowish(also blurry). I also observed that pictures very accurate just for a second after I take it on pro-cam and then I go to the hd gallery, the sharp picture suddenly turns soft and yellowish. Im pretty sure its bcoz of over processing nokia does for L920 to make it look as if it has less noise. Summarizing the entire experience, nokia successfully managed to further worsen the pic qualities through their terrible overprocessing in amber.. Keep it up NOKIA!!! A failure again !!! Forgot to tell the issue is also present in regular camera app. Definitiely overprocessing from NOKIA.. I guess NOKIA needs to leave it to users discretion if they want that processing or not!!. They should rather introduce a "Fix" feature and let the users choose if they really require all that post processing.

Last edited:

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Indeed. While Pro cam is much better in all other aspects it has that problem of yellowish colors. here is one good example.

First photo is photo after it is taken and second one is photo when you are viewing your photos.

wp_ss_20130829_0004.jpg wp_ss_20130829_0005.jpg

tezoo2002

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if NOKIA is aware of this,, Is there any information regarding possible fix from their side ? Do they realize that AMBER update is producing AMBERISH pics ?

tezoo2002

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
And if u actually observe the images, its just not yellow tint amber algorithms introduced but also blurriness. Day imagery is still not upto the mark. I guess NOKIA needs to leave it to users discretion if they want processing or not!!. They should rather introduce a "Fix" feature and let the users choose if they really require post processing.

Idiocracy_izruts

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Dude, only looking at your EXIF data makes it more than clear why your pictures are blurry....1/4 shutter speed, 1/9 and so on...no OIS in the world will help you with such long exposure times handheld. Try going for a shorter exposure and bigger ISO ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss