Red Lumia 928 Launch Imminent

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It could easily be a white 928 under the light. I think that's more likely given that there were never plans for a yellow 928, only red & cyan.

There's no way that it is a white one under the light as there are three white 928s in the picture. None of them look yellow. In fact, the white ones are barely visible. Even if the light would give them a yellow tint (which isn't the case), it would be slight and not bright and vivid. I stand with my original assumption that there are yellow 928s in that picture :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope you are able to get it in red. I've always wondered if one is able to switch your phone to a different color through a warranty claim.
I doubt it, normally, but others have posted here that they were able to swap out between black and white at MS Store.

not very likely. I have requested it a few times through out the years and have yet to successfully do that.
Others have posted here that they were able to switch between black and white at Microsoft Stores, which is where I made my purchase. I'll never buy from Verizon again after the service I've received at the MS Store with exchanges due to defects. And even when I cracked my screen, I gave them $50, they handed me a box with a new 928 in it. Verizon's insurance has twice the deductible and you get a refurb in the mail.

Anthony Vangeli

May 11, 2013
Visit site
There's no way that it is a white one under the light as there are three white 928s in the picture. None of them look yellow. In fact, the white ones are barely visible. Even if the light would give them a yellow tint (which isn't the case), it would be slight and not bright and vivid. I stand with my original assumption that there are yellow 928s in that picture :)

They're the red ones under bright light. (In the mirror behind them, you can see the reflection of the devices. There's the white, red, and black ones, but the red one looks yellow because of the light.)

Red certainly does make the 928 look good though. I'm not on Verizon, so I'd never have the device, but it's not the ugliest Windows Phone (to me) anymore.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They're the red ones under bright light. (In the mirror behind them, you can see the reflection of the devices. There's the white, red, and black ones, but the red one looks yellow because of the light.)

Red certainly does make the 928 look good though. I'm not on Verizon, so I'd never have the device, but it's not the ugliest Windows Phone (to me) anymore.

Hmm good observation! I personally like the look of the device but I wish it was a little bit thinner.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, normally, but others have posted here that they were able to swap out between black and white at MS Store.

Others have posted here that they were able to switch between black and white at Microsoft Stores, which is where I made my purchase. I'll never buy from Verizon again after the service I've received at the MS Store with exchanges due to defects. And even when I cracked my screen, I gave them $50, they handed me a box with a new 928 in it. Verizon's insurance has twice the deductible and you get a refurb in the mail.

Excellent point. I have only tried through VZW stores. I also don't get their insurance, I usually go through SquareTrade.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not confident that the MSFT store will carry an extra color if VZW cones out with it. Is there a precedence for it? Did they with the 822?

Now that Microsoft is going to own Nokia, I wonder if ALL Lumias will be available in the MS Stores..... :wink:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, how I wish we'd hear more about a red 928 launch. I'm so sick of the phantom screen taps requiring me to reboot my phone, and I'm holding out until the red comes out....

Symthic

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Black Lumia 928 last month. I wanted a red one, but it wasn't available. Red is my favorite color.

If I can't exchange my current phone for a red one like this, I may have to break something.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Other than a 1020 or 925 variant, what other Nokia phone could you see coming to Verizon in the near future? Verizon has always been timid toward the WP platform, though even if they get more excited about the platform it doesn't seem like there's anything in the works at Nokia that could be out as early as December? I know these phones are obsolete within ~9 months but usually we hear a lot of chatter about new phone platforms coming and then see them in ~3-4 months and right now it doesn't seem like anything is in the works at Nokia that could be on VZW by the end of this year.

Latest Windows Phone data shows slow GDR2 release, possible 'phablet' and more | Windows Phone Central

Check out the ad duplex info on Nokia RM-927. I think there's something in the works for a gdr3 device on VZW for later this year.

That being said, personally, I'd rather have the 928 than some monster 6in "phablet." My hope was that a successor to the 92x series would be out sooner & vzw would get a version.

Well, here ya go: Nokia Lumia 929 render leaks, matches earlier photo for Verizon

According to an inside source this device is due October/November on VZW. Not only that, but according to the FCC report and confirmed by an inside source, it's less than 5in (probably not much, though.) That red case in the Nokia torture chamber pictures is still for the 928, though. It doesn't look anything like the picture of the white 929 that was leaked. So a red 928 could still happen - hopefully along side a red 929.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh, how I wish we'd hear more about a red 928 launch. I'm so sick of the phantom screen taps requiring me to reboot my phone, and I'm holding out until the red comes out....

this was happening to my brother's phone. he had high sensitivity enabled and it was responding to the plastic clear screen protector he had on the front. he took off the screen protector and it stopped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo